Three is the magic number?

I woke up in a hospital bed. I couldn't hope but think that this was all a little bit unnecessary. I only fainted.

"Angeles Carrar?" Asked the doctor standing by my side. He made me jump a little bit, I didn't see him.

"Where's German?" I grunted.

"Mr Castillo?" He asked. "He's gone to get something to drink, he'll be back soon." He smiled.

"So, it looks like there's nothing to worry about, just a common thing during pregnancy, only you blacked out a little longer." He said flicking through his notes.

I nodded to show him that I was taking it all in.

"So have you been eating okay?"

I had to think for a moment, in truth, I hadn't. "Not really."

"It's really important that you do..."

My mind started to wonder and I wasn't concentrating on what he was saying. I know that you're supposed to eat, it isn't rocket science.

He finally stopped talking and I had one more question to ask.

"So the baby is ok?" I asked.

"The babies are fine." He said with a smile.

"Wait, what? Babies?"

More than one? Me and German hadn't even discussed the one baby, never mind more than one.

He looked through his notes again before looking up at me, raising one eyebrow.

"You didn't know you were having triplets?"

Triplets? Three babies?

"No, no. I haven't been for my first scan yet, I was supposed to go a few days ago, but I had to cancel, it was an emergency."

The emergency being I was running away from my problems.

"So you haven't had your first scan yet?"

I shook my head. I felt terrible. I was so selfish, I thought of myself before my babies. I'm 12 weeks pregnant, of course I should have had a scan.

"I'll go and get a nurse, so you can have your ultrasound." He turned to walk away.

"Wait."

He turned around.

"Is it possible that you could get German?"

"Of course."

"Thank you."

German entered the room, all in a panic.

"Angie are you okay? The doctor told me that you're having an ultra sound. You haven't had one yet?"

"No okay! I didn't go for an ultra sound! I'm a bad mother, I get it!" I cried.

German grabbed my hand and stroked my hair. "Shhh. I wasn't saying that. It's my fault, I never even asked you about the scan."

I calmed my self down and realised that I still hadn't told him. "German, there's still something I need to tell you-"

"Angie Carrar?" Asked the nurse who'd just burst through the door.

"That's me" I reply with a slight smile.

"I'm here to give you your ultra sound." She smiled.

(A/N btw fyi, if there's things that don't make sense that's because I'm not a baby expert because I've never been pregnant... Because I'm only 14... What do I know about pregnancies? I thought babies came from them birds that dropped them down the chimney.)