XV

Jilly Anais

I felt my door being knocked on and I didn't respond. I stared outside at the sky. The sun was beginning to rise. That meant it was four days after me and Klay broke up. Was it even a breakup ? We never settled that but it evident its over now. Whatever we had was somehow done that simple.

And we lost to Russia the day after.

And I quit the team.

I was watching one of the girls on the other side get yelled at by her coach. She rubbed the back of her neck and I immediately thought of Klay.

"Hey you alright ?" Alisha hesitantly.

"Oh I'm okay."

I wasn't.  I stood there, thinking about Klay. Thinking about how he was feeling. He sat at my door all night and the next day and then just left. He sent messages to my phone,constantly blowing it up. He sent the whole team to try to talk to me. I remember I left one day and he followed me . He almost kidnapped me so I ran all the way to my room and slammed the door in his face.

I wasn't in the game at all.

The game ball hit me in the face, knocking me out of my thoughts. I fell over and tried to get myself together. I felt my mouth get wet and I touched it to see it was bleeding.

Coach took me out and I knew automatically he was pissed. The team and I gave up on ourselves, causing the Russians to notice and take advantage of the situation causing them to beat us in the next two sets.

I stood there numb on the stage as we accepted the silver medal

"Jilly. Open the door."

I recognized Alisha's voice. I ignored her and she didn't knock anymore. But the door opened.

"Thank you.'" She said, storming in.

Her hair is up in a bun and she has practice clothes on.

"What ?" My voice croaked.

"I know your life is in shambles but your hope will shine through starting now." She said, ripping off my blanket to show me only wearing shorts. Alisha turned around and threw some clothes for me to wear which was a sports bra and some shorts with my socks and sneakers.

"Why am I doing this ?"

"I don't know. Coach said we need to have a meeting this morning and you are going."