XVIII

Jilly Anais.

I tiredly rolled over to hear Klay's doorbell ring

"Klay , get the door."

"You get it." He moaned into the covers. I threw his arm off of me and stood up from the bed, wobbling a bit. I slipped on his t-shirt that was on the floor and my feet patted against the carpet.  I walked down the long stair case. I got on my tippy toes to look through the hole through the door. A familiar lightskin man with light colored eyes was standing there.

Stephen.

I took off running upstairs and hit Klay multiple times.

"What the hell are you doing ?" He said, waking up and sitting up, rubbing his eyes.

"Stephen's here."

"What ?"

"Stephen , my cousin and your bestfriend , is here."

"Klay ? Where you at  ?" Stephen shouted. Klay and I both froze at his voice. 

"Just go hide somewhere." He whispered yelled. I looked around and didn't know where to hide. Klay quickly put on some clothes and turned to me. He grabbed something off the nightstand and picked me up, putting me behind his shoes and pants in his closet. He handed me my phone.

"I'll try my best to get him to leave but please wait here."

"Trust me , I didn't plan on it." I said, making myself comfortable with the messy shoes. He kissed my lips three times before leaving and shutting the door. 

"Hey what were you doing in your closet ?"

"Oh just laundry, who let you in ?"

"Oh your maid."

"That's nice."

"Since you finished with your closet, I should grab my shoes that one day I forgot that I let you hold for me."

Shit. Klay better not let him in.

"Oh just let me get them."

"Nonsense. I can just grab them." He said, opening the door and turning the light on. I scooted farther into the corner to prevent myself from being seen. Stephen's lighskin hand reached down right infront me to pick up the pair shoes.

"Yo what the fuck ?"

Fuck he saw me.

"Man I didn't mean for you to find out this way. I-"

"You kept my shit cleaner than I did, thanks man." Stephen thanked. 

"You're welcome."

"Since we in here, sit down in here so I can talk to you." He added, mentioning to the chair I had Klay put in here.

"Why can't we talk downstairs ?"

"Don't question me." He taunted. I saw Klay's ugly ass bare feet walk to the tiny plush chair and sit down.

"What do you want to talk about ?"

"Do you know what's up with Jillian ?"

"What ?"

"I asked you to watch her over the games and you did a great job but do you know why she's acting this way ?" Stephen said as he paced the floor slightly in his Air Jordan XII Vachettas. 

"In what way is she acting ?"

"Once she came back , she's weird and different. I mean it's a good weird in different. You and I both know she can be rough I mean really rough around the edges."

Asshole.

"But she's changed for the better since she came back from Rio. She is always willing to help with anything from cooking to watching the girls. She is just so nice all the time and started pulling more weight than I do in my own house. And I know there's something up but I don't want to ask her because when I do , she just shuts down."

"Maybe you have to wait for her to tell you personally. Maybe she isn't comfortable explaining what's she going through right now." Klay suggested. 

Aww he was so sweet and caring.

"She has to be with someone though. It doesn't make sense.  I never seen her smile so much coming home or even at all. It's usually a cold glare but someone changed that. See I thought it was Draymond because he said some slick comments that day y'all came back but he's been posting Jelissa so it isn't him. I thought it was Kevin but he said he hardly talked to her and Andre is engaged so I don't know. I have a feeling about her and Corie but I don't know."

"I think you just gotta wait until she tells you man."

"I just might have to. I gotta go man but thanks for letting me know how to handle this because I was gonna lose my mind. You know what would be funny ?"

" What ?"

"You being with her and making her smile like that and you two hid it from me." He said laughing. I froze and I heard Klay uneasily laugh. 

"Yeah that would be hilarious."

"I'll see you at practice tomorrow alright ?"

"Yeah see you tomorrow."

They bro hugged and Stephen left and Klay followed him. Klay came back up and helped me out. I stumbled before standing up.

"This is a bad situation." Klay said.

"But it's good that you make me smile ?"

"Not precisely since he doesn't know yet. I hate lying to him. He's practically the only person I'm close to and I can't tell him I'm in a happy relationship because it's with basically his little sister. I see him everyday and I want to brag about you but I can't. I can't even talk about you and it pisses me off." He ranted, with his face slightly turning red. I sighed and wrapped my arms around him.

"I know. I can't even tell Corie either. She doesn't pressure me who it is but I know she's dying to know.  We just wait until it's the right time."

"But when will it be the right time ?"