XXXIX

Jilly Anais

(act lie she's wearing that)

"We are here today with Olympic Gold Medalist Jilly Anais

"We are here today with Olympic Gold Medalist Jilly Anais." Dj Envy shouted in mic.

"Hi." I said, into the microphone.

"Y'all there's a real stomach here. It's not fake like Beyonce's." Charlemagne said with a laugh.

"It sure isn't." I said.

"Okay so you are from Baltimore ?"

"Yeah, from Farfield Area."

"How was it growing up in that area ?"

"It wasn't easy at all. My mom wasn't close with her family and my dad didn't have family so it was just us. They both didn't have anything outside of a GED so we were basically poor. I remember days that they went days without showering so I could eat once a week." I told them.

"Wait Mrs. Curry ?"

"No. I'm gonna explain this so some people understand the confusion. My birth mom's name was Wanda, she was the twin sister of Wardell, Steph's dad."

"Oh you two are cousins ?"

"We are. After my parents passed away , they took me in quickly and raised me as their own even though I was past grown. I never met them until that point since my mom separated herself herself with that side of the family."

"When did you meet them ?"

"I met them when I so called mysteriously disappeared my first Olympics."

"What happened with that ? Because I remember people saying a lot of bad things about you." Angela Yee asked me.

"Um I left for an actual reason. I got a call saying that my mom was on her death bed so I took the first flight back home and got there right before she passed."

"Sorry to hear that."

"It's fine. It's life."

"How did you get into volleyball ?" She asked.

"Umm it was something to do extra. I didn't really care for it until my second year when I got an athletic scholarship to a school an hour away. I took it and did my best to keep up with it. I started to get hella good out the blue. I got scouted and went to the University of Texas and got recruited for the Olympics not even a full year in." I explained.