XXXII

Jilly Anais

I looked up to see Jordan. I wiped my tears , looking away from him.

"Yeah ?"

"What's wrong ?"

"Rocco is just having a checkup."

His skinny Dalmatian walked over to me and I rubbed her head.

"What's her name ?"

"This cuties name is Dot."

She quickly turned to him as he said her name.

"She's adorable."

"Now what is really going on since you don't want to tell me ?" He said, sitting down next to me.

"I was upstairs and I heard Rocco whining. I went to go see him and he was crawling up the steps. I thought he was being lazy like usual and wanted me to carry him so I didn't think anything else about it. But he was trying to hard to crawl for it to be laziness and he fell down the stairs. I tried calling Klay but he's not answering and it's been an hour and I'm nervous as shit." I said, biting my lips, rocking back and forth.

"I'm sure he's fine , he's an English Bulldog right ?"

I nodded.

"The absolute worse is a joint/ligament injury , hip dyslasia or degenerative spine disease. Now they can fixed to certain degree with surgery but I'm praying he doesn't get that disease because he could paralyzed."

I sighed deeply.

" I'm only telling you ahead of time just in case."

"How do you know so much ?"

"I wanted to get a dog since I was a kid so I was always looking up information about them. I always liked Dalmatians despite the fact is they can get deaf quickly." He said, rubbing Dot;s head as she leaned into his touch.

I nodded.

"Mrs. Thompson ?" The lady called out. I got up and looked at Jordan who had a slight frown on his face.

"Thanks Jordan."

"You're welcome." He said to me with a small smile. I walked away and walked in the room to see Rocco with a tube in his mouth on his back. I walked over and rubbed his stomach. He kinda smiled and I noticed his eyes were droppy.

"He put up a fight when you left so I had to put him on some medication to calm him down."

"Do you know what was wrong ?"

"He's almost fully developing Hip Dysplasia."

Jordan was right.

" His hips were developed right but they changed over time, causing a disruption in his walking when they are slightly dislocated. It's very common problem in English Bulldogs but it can be managed. Here's a pamphlet with all the things you can do with him to help him with his pain and here some medication for him to take." She told me. I nodded my head and rubbed his stomach.

"He's gonna be fine. He will be out of it for the next two days and then you should get him on a schedule to work out and what not."

"Thank you so much." I told her as she took the mask off of Rocco and rolled him back on his stomach slowly to ease the weight on his hips. He tried to crawling me but I picked him up. He snuggled himself deeper in my arms. I walked out with him and Jordan looked up from his phone.

"He's okay ?"

"Yeah, he just got a little hip problems. That's all."

"Well thank god for that."

I nodded.

"Well I gotta get him home."

"Okay bye." He waved slowly. I nodded my head before leaving out the door. I drove home with Rocco in my lap and I carried him in the house. I sat him down infront of his food , waiting for him to eat and drink. Once he did, I set him outside so he could do his business. As he finished , I picked him up and took him back upstairs, laying in the bed with me. He rested his head on my arm tiredly.

"You know you scared mommy today ?" I told him. I could've sworn I saw him roll his eyes. I rubbed his head and the front door opened downstairs. Rocco immediately tried to get up , hearing Klay's voice. I picked up Rocco and went back downstairs but I stopped when I heard a woman's voice.

"Wow , your house is nice." Jordan said. My blood was boiling over the rim. He invited her where I laid my head at night. I stormed downstairs, walking straight past them. I got in the car and he didn't even chase after me.

Where's the Klay that always fought for me ?

I grabbed my phone and dialed a number.

"Hello ?" Jordan answered.

"Hey can I crash at your house for a couple of days ?"

"Yeah that's fine. I'll send you my address."

I hung up and he sent me it right away. I plugged in my phone and drove off. I pulled up about ten minutes later. I got out to see him throwing the trash out.

"Come on in to see mi casa."

I followed him with Rocco to walk in his bachelor pad. I was surprised to find it clean as hell but I had to remember he has enough money to have a maid.

"Your maid cleans good."

"I don't have a maid, I'm a clean freak and a perfectionist so with the small amount of free time I have, I clean and cook when I can." He told me. I raised my eyebrow in surprise , not saying a thing.

"I'll show you to your room." He said, walking up the steps. I trailed behind him and he showed me to a tan bedroom. It wasn't girly or manly.

"Thank you a lot."

"You're welcome."

He left the room with a head nod and softly shut the door. I placed my phone on the nightstand and put Rocco on the bed. I looked at him sadly as he limped around before finding a spot he liked. I laid next to him , pulling the cover over us.

This was our home until Klay tightened up.