Jealous Type

I stretch my legs out before looking up and seeing Anthony sleeping; light snores coming out of his mouth.

Do I want to get up right now, or go back to sleep?

I end up getting up very carefully so I won't wake him up and cover him with the duvet I was just under.

I drag my feet to the kitchen and take a glass cup out and fill it with water and placing it into the coffee machine. I look through the pantry and find the coffee filter and the grain. I put in the machine and wait.

Once it's ready, I take out a mug, sugar, creamer and a spoon. I fix my coffee before I mix it and sit on the other couch, bringing my laptop with me. I check my emails before deciding on watching Netflix. I scroll through my recommended section before clicking on some random movie that caught my eye.

æ

"Good morning sleepy head," I say as I see Anthony start to wake up.

"How long have you been up for?"
"An hour," I shrug

"Why didn't you wake me?"
"You looked tired," I smile.

"Come here," he smiles.
I push my laptop to the side and sit next to him with my feet on his lap, "I really like you," he says

"I think I'm developing feelings Anthony," I smile.
"You think?" He asks confused

"Yeah, earlier when you were talking to that girl at Sephora, I was getting kind of... jealous."

"Are you the jealous type?"
"Yeah," I chuckle

"How about, I take you on a date tonight and then by the end of the date, you tell me if you like me or not," he suggests

"I might need a little more time than that, but I'll go on that date with you," I smile

"Okay, I'll pick you up at seven?"
"Yeah sure," I smile. "Where are we going?"

"Something you should know about me is that if I'm gonna take someone out on a date, I won't tell them where. Just telling you for the future," he jokes.

"Well, what do I wear?" I ask
"Something you'll feel comfortable moving around in."

"Okay, this is where Jazz and Shawn come in handy," I laugh

He makes a confused face, "Shawn? Why Shawn?"

"He helps me with my outfits when it comes to dates, like if I look fat or if something doesn't go," I shrug

"Isn't that what Jasmine's for?" He asks
"He doesn't see me change, sometimes I need a guy's opinion," I shrug.

"Do I have competition?"
I laugh, "You know he's dating Jasmine right?"

His cheeks flush a light pink with a tad of embarrassment, "shit my bad."

"It's alright," I laugh, "you're the jealous type too aren't you?"

"A bit," he shrugs
I hear the doorknob jingle, "Jasmine's home," I look at him.

"I should get going," he sits up and puts his shoes on while the door swings open.