Get Faded

"Good morning beautiful," Anthony whispers.
"Good morning," I smile.

He pushes back some stray hairs that landed on my face and plays with the ends of long curly hair.

His phone starts buzzing like crazy, he turns around and gets it from his nightstand. I hear my voice before he throws his phone onto the floor.

"You don't like me?" He asks
"I love you," I say confused.

"Bullshit!"
"Anthony, what are you talking about?"

"There's a video saying you don't like me! What, were you just playing with me?!"

"Show me the video"
He gets out of bed pissed asf and gets his phone, I walk up to him and cross my arms over my chest.

He turns his phone over so I can see and it's a video from yesterday, the "fan" I ran into must've recorded me.

"I don't like Anthony"
The Instagram video replays, "what did you think I wasn't gonna find out?!"

"It's the fan I was talking about" tears threatened to fall.
"It's your fucking voice! It's your face! There's proof Liz! Don't you lie to me!" He puts his hands on the side of my shoulders and shakes me.

Tears fall down both of our faces and that stupid video plays in the background, "that's not the full video; I said I don't like Anthony, I'm in love with him!"

"Bullshit! Liz don't you fucking lie to me," he screams making more tears fall.

"I-I'm not," I start shaking.
"Liz! It's right fucking there!"

"Are you really not gonna believe me?!" I ask hurt.
"I don't know," he shrugs tears falling down his face too.

"I'm gonna go, I'm sorry," I grab my things and walk out of his room.
"Oh hey Liz," he says as I walk past him and out the door.

I get in my car and cry into the steering wheel for a couple minutes before pulling out of their driveway and making my way (downtown) to my house.

:

I walk into my room and plop down onto my bed. I decide to do what I usually do at times like this; get faded.

Getting high is my way of letting go, feeling numb, letting the pain go away for a bit.

I go into my closet and open up a box I haven't opened since Daniel and I broke up. I take out the wax paper and a very small jar with weed in it.

I put the weed in the paper and roll it up, making it into a blunt. I pick up the lighter and walk over to my bed where I light it up and bring the blunt to my lips and light it up.

I inhale the cancerous stick and hold it in for a little bit before letting it come out of my lips.

I start laughing as the smoke escapes my mouth, "I'm so stupid!" I groan.

I inhale it and close my eyes, tears falling down my cheeks as I do so.

My vision blurs and I feel as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders; I feel relaxed.

I finish the blunt and throw away the end of it, my body shifts to the left where I hold onto a wall but end up missing the wall and falling over.

I burst into a fit of laughter as I sit on the floor with my back leaning on a wall.

«»