Chapter 8

"Don't break a hip, old man," I laugh as I jog after Ohm.

Like every day, he and I are out for our morning jog, and we're having a little race. Last one to the cafe has to pay for our breakfast.

"I don't see how you can talk so much shit from back there," Ohm laughs back.

Shaking my head, I start to speed up a little, excepting Ohm to do the same, however, I quickly pass him. Once I do, I slow down to a jog and wait a couple seconds. He doesn't catch up.

Frowning, I slow to a walk and look behind me, "You know I don't like it when you let me win, so don't even try it."

He finally catches up to me and slows down to a walk. "I was just storing up my energy to beat you at the end."

"When we're less than a block from the cafe? No, you wanted to let me win."

He sighs, "Okay, yeah. But you can't blame me for wanting to let you win. I mean, your hip is still red from last night. It's obvious it's going to turn into a bruises, and once it starts to turn purple, you're sitting on the sidelines."

"That doesn't mean you have to let me win."

"I know, but still, I don't want you to pay for us again. You know I always win."

"You don't always win," I say as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, you only win when I trip in the last block or when I'm so focus on you that I run into a trash can."

"Those still count."

"Either way, I'm not letting you pay. Even if Lui has offered to split his tips with you until you come back, I'm going to worry about you. You still have to pay off your car and buy food. Don't think I didn't notice how little you have in your fridge."

"You couldn't just watch TV until I got dressed," I ask in a annoyed tone.

"Not when you have a bruise forming."

I sigh and shake my head. "Fine. You can pay for the sandwiches until I get back to work. However, I want something in return."

"I'm paying for your food and I have to do something for you letting me do it?"

"Yes, because I didn't want you to do it in the first place. Now, after we get home from the run, I want you to teach me how to give a lap dance."

"What?"

"I've been doing really well on the pole, but we haven't even touched lap dancing. Come on; I want to learn."

He shakes his head and rolls it back, rubbing his eyes. "Fine; we'll practice when after we eat our sandwiches and shower."

"Alright," I yell out, jumping like a little kid. When I stop, I smirk and quickly say, "By the way, watch out for the trash can."

"Wha-" is all he has time to say as he trips over a trash can that was just put out when he rolled his head back. He yells out as he falls into the bike lane, boxes falling on top of him as the trash begins to fall on him.

Laughing, I pick up the can and start putting some of the boxes back in, but just as Ohm starts to pick himself up, I smile. "Last one to the cafe pays," I yell out before I take off for the cafe, which is around this upcoming corner and a few stores down. Ohm yells after me, calling me a cheater, but I keep running until I'm in front of the cafe.