Chapter 29

"Hey babe," Jon happily says as he opens the door for me.

I smile widely when I see him, just now realizing how much I actually missed him. "Hey babe," I reply before I walk over and wrap my arms around his neck, giving him a sweet, gentle kiss. His hands waste no time making their way on my body, gently rubbing them up and down my hips before he wraps them around my waist and pulls me into his apartment.

He then pushes me up against the door before he starts running his hands all over my body; and I have to admit, I feel a bit aroused by his touch. Even though I admittedly don't want to, I push him away from me.

"Well, it looks like someone missed me," I playfully say before I wink at him.

This makes Jon chuckle before he pulls me close to him. "You're one to talk."

He then loosely wraps his arm around my waist before he walks me over to his couch and has me sit down. "You thirsty, babe," he asks as he walks over to his kitchen.

"If you had some water, I wouldn't say no," I joke as I watch him walk to his fridge. He opens it and pulls out a couple bottles of water out before he walks back over to me, handing one of them to me. He then sits on the stool by the island before he takes a drink, while I put mine on his coffee table. I smile up to him and lean back, turning towards him. "So, how was your trip back home?"

"It was nice. Got to see my mom, dad, and sister. Caught up with them for the first time in a long time. Got to see a few old friends that were in town as well."

"That's awesome."

"Well, it was. Only person I wish I didn't see when I went back is Annie."

"Who's Annie?"

"I'm surprised I haven't told you about her soon. She's this girl that's close to my family, but that's only because she's the daughter of the pastor of my parents' church. She is so annoying. She always walks around thinking she's holier than thou, and acts like she's the bitch that will birth the second coming of God, or whatever. I was really hoping I could just visit and not see her, but like hell my mom would let that happen. She fucking invited her to dinner and spent the entire time trying to get me to talk to her."

"Why would she push this girl on you so much?"

"Because I've known this girl since we were babies. She use to be cool and we use to friends, but when we got into middle school, she became a hardcore bible thumper, and I started looking at guys in the locker room. The more she opened her mouth, the more she started to annoy me, so I stopped talking to her. But just because I wanted nothing to do with her hasn't stopped my mom from wanting her and I to date."

I can't help but burst out laughing when he said that last line. "Wait, your mom wants you to date a pastor's daughter? Oh god, she must have been shocked when you told her you were actually dating a guy." I look up in time to see his eyes grow wide after my statement, and he quickly takes a drink of water. However, that was enough for me to get the message, and I stop laughing.

"You haven't told her about us yet?"

He puts the bottle down a sucks in air. "Well, uh... No. No I haven't."

"Why," I practically yell, jumping off of the couch. 

A million different things start swirling around in my head. A million little things that hurt me. And the one the screams the loudest, the one that guys all hate when they think about dating. The one thing that kills us and makes us all feel the same. Like a dirty, secret. A fetish. Something everyone wants to fuck, and no one wants to be seen with.

"Are you embarrassed of me?"

"What," Jon yells, jumping off of the stool. "Where the hell did you get that?!"