Chapter 21

*Trigger Warning*

"Damn it," I say as I look at the time. It feels like Jon and I had just started talking on Skype, and yet, over three hours had gone by. "I have to go to work."

"Is it really four already," Jon asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, but I don't want to go."

"You could call out. You said you still have a lot of homework to do for your classes."

I sigh as I look back to the open taps on my laptop. He was right. Since Brock had pushed for me to get through my classes faster the other students, I've actually been getting a lot more work than I thought a freshman would ever get. However, I am now a semester ahead of normal high school freshmen, and I will be working on this stuff later. Plus, Panda still doesn't know about me going back to school.

So I shake my head. "No, I need to get the money. If I'm going to be going to college, I'm going to need all the cash I can get."

"Alright babe. Just don't over work yourself. I don't want to hear about you fainting at work."

I smile at him and say, "I'll be fine, babe. Hey, when were you and Luke going back to North Carolina?"

"We'll be leaving on Wednesday."

"You two behind," I smirk.

"Shuch up, babe. We just got a lot less done with these stupid projects than we thought we would have done."

"Shuch up," I laugh.

"Don't make fun of the way I talk!"

I laugh again, shaking my head. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Alright. Good night, babe. Love you."

"I love you too."

We end our call and I save the work I had done before I jump out of the chair I had been sitting on and I quickly get ready for work. Once I'm ready, I walk out and lock the door behind me, but stop when I hear yelling upstairs.

"Stop fucking lying to me! Why do you want to be a fucking whore so badly?!"

"I'm not a whore! I'm a fucking bartender!"

"Then why can't I come see you at work!"

"It's against the rules for us to date customers. I don't want either of us to get in trouble."

"Is that the real reason?! Or is it so I don't walk in and see you grinding on some guy?!"

"I don't do that! How many times do I have to say that?!"

"If you're just a bartender, then there shouldn't be a reason I can't go!"

"I'm not the one who made the rule! Look, I need to go to work, just please leave!"

"Oh what?! Now I can't wait here for you to come back!"

"I don't get off until three! Just go back to your apartment! I'll call you tomorrow!"

"How will I know that you're going to come here and not some John's place?!"

"I swear to fucking God! You're being ridiculous!"

"I'm not being ridiculous! You're just being an unfaithful, disgusting little whore!"

"I swear to god, call me a whore one more tim-"

My heart stops and I feel my blood turn cold when I then hear a loud smack that practically echoes throughout the courtyard. Everything then turns silent, and fear slowly grows in my heart as I wait to hear something, anything. My guess is that a few seconds go by before I hear one of the guys saying, "I'm so sorry."