Chapter 17

I struggle to open my eyes as I wake up to the sun beaming in through the window. I'm in a bed in a room I don't recognize and my head is pounding. As I try to open my eyes more than half a centimeter, I try to remember what happened last night.

I remember driving through the heart of the city, seeing all the bars and clubs. Their lights were bright, and I was able to hear the music blasting from each club we passed. I remember walking with Jon to get to the club. We didn't even get carded or wait in line because he knew the bouncer.

I remember meeting his friends at a table, one of them being the guy who grabbed me. He apologized the second Jon said something to him, but I could easily tell that he, as well as half of Jon's friends, were already drunk, or at the very least buzzed.

I remember meeting Luke, and he tried asking about Ohm, but Jon told him to stay off that subject. Then, they poured me a drink. It was whiskey, and it tasted like candy. After the first couple of shots, I remember dancing with Jon. But after that, everything gets fuzzy. I don't even remember what I talked about with his friends, or most of their names.

After crawling out of the bed, I look down at myself and see that I'm wearing everything that I had on last night. I look around the room and see a dresser, a bookshelf filled with textbooks, games, figures, and a teddy bear on top of it, and next to me and the bed is a nightstand. On top of the nightstand, I see some pills and a glass of water.

I pick up the pills and take a look to see what they are. I smile when I recognize them though. Aspirin. I pop them in my mouth and take a drink of water, hoping that this will get rid of this pounding headache.

I walk out of the room and look around, however, once I step out into the living room, I quickly pick up on where I am. I'm back at Jonathan's apartment.

I continue to look around the apartment and see that I'm here alone. He didn't even leave a note for me to read. When I walk into the kitchen, I see that my keys and phone are on the counter. I pick up my phone and check the time, seeing that it's ten in the morning, and that I have twenty text messages and over fifty missed calls from Brock and Smitty. I open them and see that they are all from last night, and they are both asking me where I am and if I'm okay.

I curse under my breath before I grab my keys and shove them and my phone into my pocket. I then rush to the door, but as I reach my hand out to grab the doorknob, it opens, and Jon stands in front of me with a paper bag in his arm.

"Whoa, morning," he says as he takes a step back to keep us from running into each other. "How are you feeling?"

I sigh and put my hand on my head. "Like I got hit by a train."

"Not surprised," he says, walking into the apartment, shutting the door behind him and walking into the kitchen. "You had twelve shots of Fireball before we got kicked out of the club."

"We got kicked out?"

"Mark and Brian were acting like idiots and Luke was getting loud. We got kicked out around midnight and went to Mark's work got late night burgers. You and I didn't get back until two in the morning."

"I... I don't remember any of that."

"Again, not surprised. Did you take the aspirin I left for you on the nightstand?"

"Uh, yeah. Thanks... Why was I in your bed?"

He looks over to me as he pulls out something from the bag and he raises an eyebrow. "What; did you think I would have you sleep on the couch? You passed out on the drive back and I put you in the bed, while I took the couch. It was only fair since I couldn't get you back to your apartment."