Chapter 22

When I open my eyes, I'm standing on the stage, and looking around, I can't help but feel alone and cold. The bright neon lights are on me, but I can't feel the warmth from the lights. It's completely silent, and the lights in the room, except for the lights to the stage, are off. The only thing I can hear, is my own heart beat. Or at least, that is until I hear three separate screams in the darkness of the room.

The lights turn on and I gasp as I see Lucas, Brock, and Marcel in the middle of the room with darkness surrounding them. Tears are running down all three of their faces as the darkness inches it's way closer to them.

As if it was a snake, I see lines of the shadows lunge towards the three of them. Two lines grab a hold of Brock and Lucas and it starts dragging them into the darkness, however, Marcel grabs both of their hands and tries to hold onto them for dear life.

I watch helplessly from the stage, frozen in fear, as Brock and Lucas are pulled in two different directions. Marcel screams in pain as his arms are stretched out. Brock sees the pain in Marcel's face, and shuts his eyes before he lets go of his hand, allowing the darkness to swallow him. With tears in his eyes, Marcel grabs Lucas with both hands and tries to pull him away, however, the darkness continues to pull him in, even dragging Marcel with him.

Suddenly the lights shut off again, and I hear three screams again. Two of pain, and one of heartbreak. All of them bring tears to my eyes from what is behind them, and my heart instantly starts to ache.

Slowly, the lights come back on, and the darkness is gone. In the middle of the room is one man, shaking as tears streaming down his face. He failed to save the other two, and now, he is left to feel broken.

I want to run over and hug him, but I'm still unable to move. So, I open my mouth, and just scream his name.

***

"Is Brock going to be okay," Jonathan asks, sliding his hand across the table and taking my hand.

It's almost four in the morning, but I was not in the mood to go home. Panda didn't close down the club again because he said we had to do that too many times already, so we had to clean up Brock's vomit and saliva off of the stage and keep working. Marcel took Smitty home after we were done with work and told me that he was going to stay at the hospital as well to keep an eye on Brock. I haven't heard from him since, but it's only been thirty minutes, so I can't think too much of it.

"I don't know. I know that Brock and I didn't get along for a while, but I don't want to see him die from this too."

I look up and see Jon biting his lip and looking away. "What's wrong," I ask, wanting to know what he was thinking at this point.

"Nothing."

"Don't even try it. What are you thinking?"

He sighs and says, "I know that you had this goal in mind about running the club, but I'm starting to worry about this whole thing. This is the second overdose that's happened since we started dating, and you've told me that some of the dancers have gotten stalked, not to mention your friend that fell off the stage. Babe, I am seriously worried about you. I don't want to see you get hurt, and that's all I can think about now. I don't want anyone trying to stalk you, and I don't want you-"

"I would never do drugs, Jon," I quickly say.

"I'm not saying you would. But I don't want someone trying to drug you, or for you to take the fall if someone has something or for someone to attack you or set you up or, fuck. There are so many things that could happen, and I don't want anything to happen to you." He then reaches over the table and takes my hands. "I'm just worried about you. I love you so much, Ev. I don't want anything to happen to you."