Chapter 46

"This is so unreal," Brock says in shock.

Apparently, Bunni couldn't keep his mouth shut last night, and he told everyone in the club about me being in Panda's office this entire time. Out of curiosity, Brock, Ze, and Lui dragged me out of bed this morning for coffee, breakfast sandwiches, and gossip. A fun way to start a morning, if the gossip isn't about me.

However, they asked, and I couldn't hide it. "It's true," I tell them. "Panda is officially training me to become the new manager of the club."

"This is so awesome," Lui practically yells into my ear before he hugs me. "I'm so proud of you! Soon you'll be eighteen, have a manager position!"

"Not to mention he promised a partnership with you," Brock adds.

"This is seriously the best thing that could ever happen to you," Lui yells out as he tightens his hold on me.

"Or it could be the worst," Ze then says, causing all of us to look towards him.

"What do you mean it could be the worst," Lui asks, letting me go.

"He's only going to eighteen. He hasn't explored much outside of this field, nor has he been around people his age. Being a manager is a lot of work, and a lot of managers don't normally go to college."

"Well, why would he want to go to college? He's going to have the club, which is already doing well thanks to Panda."

"So he should give up on college? Give up on high school? Just for the club?"

"For a guaranteed job and stabled future? Yeah!"

"It's not guaranteed to be stable, though. A million things could happen that could ruin the club. Brock, come on. You have to agree that school is the best path for him, right?"

We then look at Brock. "Actually," Brock then starts, looking down at his lap. "I think it would be best for him to drop out and focus on the club."

My jaw drops when he says this. Throughout all my time knowing Brock, this is the last thing I would have expected to hear from him. Why would he...

"What the hell do you mean," Ze yells at him. "Why would you want Evan to keep working in a place like that?!"

"Well," Brock starts, but I can't help but notice his eyes are constantly moving, avoiding us. He doesn't want to look at us. "Evan wouldn't be put in danger if he isn't on the pole or on the floor. He has been away from everyone since Panda's started training him. I just think, you know, that would be for the best."

I can't help but stare at Brock in shock the more he talks, making me feel more and more like something is wrong. "You guys are fucking crazy," Ze then says as he stands up.

"We're crazy," Lui jumps in to argue. "We're being happy and supportive to our friend for getting an opportunity he worked his ass off for. You've only been here for a few months. We've been here since before Evan got here, and we've supported him throughout that entire time, wanting nothing for the best for him."

"If you think this is best for him, then you're so far in the wrong! He deserves so much better than this! Better than us!"

"Guys stop it," I yell out, making them all stop and look towards me. "Whatever happens is my decision, right? Then... Then let me decide what's best for myself. I don't want to hear any of you fighting over this shit anymore."

They all nod their heads in agreement, but soon after I speak, Ze grabs his coffee and walks out of the cafe. I look back to Brock and Lui, and something just tells me staying isn't the "best for me", so I grab my coffee and run after Ze. He and I start walking toward the parking garage his car was in, but neither of us say anything for a bit. That is until we are right in front of the garage.