Chapter 11

"I just pulled up to the diner." I send the text to Ohm before I send another text, this one for Jonathan. "Hey, I just got to the diner."

I sit in my car and just stare at my phone, waiting for someone to reply to me. The second I see my screen light up, I open the text before I even see who the message was from.

"I'm in front of the diner with a friend that works here. Come over."

My heart beats harder in my chest than it did a few seconds ago. My stomach is twisting, and my palms start to feel a bit clammy. I haven't felt this nervous since the first time I went to meet with Panda.

As soon as that thought comes to my mind, I see that I had gotten another message. This one being from Ohm. He wishes me luck and tells me to text him if anything happens. I then take a deep breath before I step out of my car and start walking over to the diner. As he said, I see him leaning against the wall in front of it, with another man standing next to him. I take a deep breath and put myself in my two favorite places to help make me look more relaxed. Then, with a smile on my face I walk over.

I see Jonathan put a cigarette to his lips as he talks to his friend. However, when he sees me walking over to him, he drops it to the ground and stomps it out, pushing the smoke out from his mouth, before he takes a couple steps towards me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Hey, great to see you again."

"You too," I say, wrapping my arm around his waist.

He then walks me over to his friend and says, "Mark, this is my date I told you about, Evan. Evan, this is my friend, Mark."

"Wait, weren't you one of the dancers at Luke's party the other day?"

My eyes widen and I feel my face heat up a bit. I may be happy with working at the club, but it is extremely embarrassing to get noticed in public. According to the others, it's something we'll never get use to, but that's more for a good reason. It's very rare that someone will have the balls to say 'hey, aren't you that stripper I saw at this club' in front of others. However, it has happened. Right now just so happens to be an example of that time.

"Uh, yeah, kind of. I was the drink boy."

"Really?"

I then watch him lean over and whisper something into Jonathan's ear. A couple seconds later, I then see Jonathan push him away and shake his head. "Fuck off, man. It's not like that."

He puts up his hands and laughs before saying, "Alright. Alright. I'm just saying. Also, I have to get back to work. I'll meet you two inside and take your orders then." With that, he walks around to the back.

I look over and ask Jonathan, "What did he tell you?"

"He was just being stupid. Don't worry about it. Come on, let's just get something to eat."

He gently pulls me close to him as he starts to turn towards the door. Although I'm still curious, I push it to the back of my mind and follow him into the diner. Right when we walk in, I see that it really isn't much. There are a few people in here, mainly old couples and a few men in uniform. However, they aren't ones that I've seen hanging around the club.

Jonathan leads me over to a both a little away from the door and sits across from me before he slides over a menu. I scan it for a few seconds and put in mind of what it is that I want.

Then, I look over to him and see that he is just staring at me. "What," I ask, a bit on edge after the conversation I had with Ohm and Smitty this morning.

"I don't really get it."

"What?"

"I don't get how someone like you could do what you do for a living. Don't get me wrong, you're hot, but why work at a club."