Chapter 39

I let out a heavy sigh as I look around the club. Everyone here is setting up for another day. It's the same shit all the time... But there's someone missing. Mini.

It's been three weeks since he came back to the apartments, and honestly, no one has really seen him since he came back. Despite trying to seeing him and trying to make sure that he's okay, he refuses to really talk or see anyone other than Tyler. The scar that that bastard left on him is deep, and it honestly worries me that no matter how hard we try, we just can't get him to open up. We can't even get him to open the door for us. All because of one bastard... Can I even say that? Can I even blame him?

After we set everything up for the night, we all wait for Panda to come out on stage and tell the dancers what to do. While we wait, we all end up sitting at either the bar or at the tables to chat with the others. Well, at least that's what we would normally do. Brock, Lui, and Ze walk over to me to talk, but I spend that time just worrying and wondering what I can do to help Mini. I mean, there has to be something I can do.

As I was starting to get lost in my own mind, Lui grabbed my shoulders and started shaking me. "Evan! Wake up," he yelled in his squeaker voice. "Wake up!"

After a few seconds, he stopped shaking me, and I pushed him away, grabbing the side of my head. "Geez man, I'm here. You don't need to shake me so hard."

"We've been trying to talk to you for a minute," Brock explained. "We got desperate."

"Fuck you."

Before anyone can say anything else, we finally hear Panda walking out on stage, clipboard in hand. He calls us all for line up, and its the same as always. After telling everyone when they would go on stage, he calls everyone to their places.

However, as I start to walk over to the bar, I'm stopped by Panda calling my name. I look over my shoulder to him, and see him staring straight at me.

"Vanoss, before you start your duties, I'm going to need to see you in my office."

I suddenly feel a lump form in the base of my throat as I then watch him walk back behind the curtains. Worried, I look back to the bar, where Ze and Scott are just staring at me, confused. Their eyes only make me feel more worried about what this could mean.

Soon, I force myself to turn towards the door that leads backstage, which Lui is holding open for me. When I step closer, he jumps in front of me. "Dude, what did you do? Why is Panda calling you into his office?"

I shake my head, "I don't know. I don't think I've done anything wrong."

"Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it," Lui laughs. "Panda would never fire you or anything. He loves you too much." He then smirks at me and says, "Plus I'm sure he would instantly save your job for you if you were to promise to get on your knees for him." After saying that, he winks at me and turns away, laughing, and leaving me in shock.

I... I wouldn't actually have to do that, would I?

Suddenly feeling scared, I try to build up as much courage as I can before I walk into the hall and into the stairwell. Once I walk up to his office door, I knock a few times before stepping in. My heart pounds heavily in my chest as I walk in and see him at the bar, pouring two drinks. One with whiskey, and one with coke.

He looks over to me and smiles. "Thank you for coming so fast. Come, I need to talk to you."

Shutting the door behind me, I walk over to him and follow him as he walks to the window facing the club. He then hands me the coke and he takes a drink of his whiskey.