Chapter 25

*Trigger Warning*

I smile as I look out to the club from the bar. The club feels a lot more livelier than it has in the past week. I don't know if it is because of the time passing and people are already moving past the shooting, the drug overdoses are starting to be forgotten, or because Brock is back, but the customers have seemed a bit happier. Or maybe it's the new faces. We had to speed through training Ze and Scotty to get them on the floor, and the guys have definitely taken a liking to them. One thing we feel blessed about was Scotty popping off some amazing bartending skills out of nowhere. It may not feel the same without Smitty, but it's good to see that we have one area recovered. As for Ze, I was definitely right after pushing for Panda to hire him. His more average body type has captured a few guys' attention, and his more shy personality has made him a little more sought after. He may not be ready for the pole, but that's nothing a little more training won't fix. However, for now, he's stuck serving with me. Which he doesn't mind, and Mike seems to like.

As Ze and I talk, I keep my eyes open to watch the floor as the men watch GaLm spin around on the pole. I see Mini, Chilled, and a few other dancers giving lap dances, and a few of the other servers moving from table to table, trying a little too hard to get a bigger tip from their guys.

"Why don't you do what they do," Ze asks me, regarding the other servers.

"Because, you don't need to have your head up their ass to get a tip. If you're their type, that's already a guaranteed tip. If you smile and be nice, higher chance of a good tip. If you leave them be and keep an eye on them, only going up when you see a sign that they are going to need another drink, another good chance. If you go up to them every five minutes asking if they need something, you won't get much from them. These guys just want to watch the dancers, watch you walk by, and get their rocks off to the idea of fucking us. So leave them be."

Ze and I laugh as the last part of my advise, but we stop when we hear someone clear their throat. He and I then turn towards the person that wanted our attention, and we see Panda leaning against the bar. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

"No sir," I say with my usual smile. "Is there something you need from us?"

"Good; so you won't mind me stealing Ze from you."

Ze and I look at each other before he nods and walks over to Panda. I stay by the bar and watch as Panda pats Ze's shoulder a couple times as he leads him to the back. I gulp, feeling my stomach twist a bit. He didn't find out about Mike, did he?

"Why do you look so worried," I hear someone ask.

I turn around again and the knot in my stomach gets tighter. "I'm not worried," I lie.

"Don't lie to me," Brock tells me as he leans up against the bar next to me.

"I'm not," I say, looking away from him. "I'm just, nervous."

"About what?"

"Well, Jonathan is coming back today, and I haven't told him about the shooting yet."

"Why don't you just, you know, not tell him about it?"

"What," I almost yell as I look back over to him.

"Well, he's only going to worry about you if you tell him, and it could push him to try to make you quit before you're-"

"Brock, seriously, what is wrong with you?!"

"Noth-"

"No, do not tell me that it's nothing!"

I take another look out to the floor and see a few customers look over from the corners of their eyes. Snapping my head back to Brock, I grab his wrist and pull him with me, dragging him to the hallway in the back, taking us away from prying eyes. After I shut the door, I turn to him and glare into his eyes.