Chapter 30

I let out a soft groan as I feel the bed dip and someone press their lips against the back of my neck. My groaning causes them to chuckle before they wrap their arms around my body and pull me closer.

"Wakey wakey," Jon laughs before kissing the back of my neck again.

"Five more minutes," is all I groan in return, not wanting to wake up.

I feel so tired from last night, which honestly puzzles me. I mean, it would make sense if we did anything last night to make me tired, but we really didn't do anything. Just watched movies and played some games until I fell asleep.

"Damn you're lazy," Jon laughs before he starts nibbling my neck, causing me to laugh as well.

I roll onto my back and use my forearm to push him away before I glare at him through half opened eyes. "Who do you think you're calling lazy?"

"You may not realize it, Ev, but you've been asleep for about twelve hours."

"What," I almost yell, suddenly feeling more awake.

"Yeah babe. It's ten in the morning, and you fell asleep around ten last night."

I sit up, blushing. "Oh god, I've never done this before."

"Relax babe," Jon laughs, rubbing my back. "I'm pretty sure that's just your body trying to relax after all of the stress you've been through. I mean, when was the last time you had a good night's sleep?"

I feel my heart stop and I look over to him, trying to keep my cool. "What do you mean by that?"

"What I mean is that I've noticed that you have been on edge lately. That's kind of why I actually sat down and explained my side when I realized you were still here. I figured that's why you jumped to conclusions so fast when I told you I didn't tell my mom about us. You were a lot more chill before shit started hitting the fan at your work afterall."

"We were only dating for two or three weeks before shit hit the fan at my work."

"You telling me you always get snappy when someone doesn't tell someone about you."

I blush a bit. "Well... No..."

I then feel him kiss my cheek before he turns my head towards him. "I love you, no matter what you say or do, babe. I mean, I do wish you hadn't snapped at me and accused me of hiding you because I don't care about you or because I'm embarrassed by something I knew about when I asked you out, but I like to think this could help us in the long run."

"How?"

"Well, I now know how important it is to you for us to be open about us; and that you're worried that, somehow, one day I'll be embarrassed by your job, which will never happen." He then leans back into me and kisses my cheek. "And you now know that I'm still in the closet in North Carolina."

I give him a half smile. "I guess that's true. I don't think either of those would have come up any other time."

He pulls me close again and kisses my forehead this time. "Now, come on. Let's get something to eat."

"Wait, you haven't eaten yet?"

"Nope. I literally just sat in the living room, working on some homework for my classes while I was waiting for you to wake up."

I shyly smile at him, before I crawl out of bed with him and follow him to the kitchen. I then lean against the counter, and watch as he opens his fridge and starts looking through the food he has. In the middle of him lists off everything in his fridge, we both jump as his front door opens and we hear someone yell out, "What's up, ya bitch?!"