Chapter 49

*Trigger Warning*

My eyes open as the sunlight breaks through the window, telling me that it's far past morning. I yawn and try to sit up, only to hiss in pain as I put a tiny bit of pressure on my butt. An arm then wraps around my hips before the hand attached to it starts gently patting my thigh. "I told you that you were going to be sore," Jon then says, his voice somewhat raspy from just waking up.

Rolling my eyes, I push his arm off of me, causing him to chuckle before he rolls over and sits up next to me, stretching his arms and yawning before he wraps his arm around me and giving me a nice, long kiss. We then get out of bed and put on some clothes before we walk out of his bedroom and walk into his kitchen to make breakfast together. As we cook, we start talking about a couple of important things, such as what he and I had talked about last night at dinner, and what I was going to do today.

"And you're sure you want to do this," Jon asks me, considered and probably just as worried about how everyone will react to my decision as I am.

However, "Everyone has told me what they honestly think I should do, including you," I start saying as I start cutting up some bell peppers for our omelets. "I've thought about everything that has happened in the past two years since I've been at the club, the lies I've learned, the amazing memories I've made with everyone, the friends, the pros and cons on both whether or not I stay or leave. This isn't the same as my decision to run away from home. I didn't just come up with this overnight or through a dream. I've honestly put in a lot of thought into this, and I really think... no. I know I'm making the right decision with this."

Jon gives me a little smile before he walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "If this is what you really want to do, Ev, then I support you and I'm proud of you."

I chuckle and put the knife down before I lean into his body. "I really appreciate that, Del. I mean, this is really big for me."

"It would be big for anyone in your position. Hell, I don't even know what I would do with an offer like this."

I roll my eyes, "Oh please; you've been telling me to run for the hills since we met. You're telling me now that you think you would have debated staying."

"I meant if I went through what you did, asshole."

I laugh and turn around in his arms, wrapping mine around his neck. "Well, with every struggle I've been through in my short life, I guess it just made the decision a little bit easier." I then kiss him before pushing him away, saying we should finish cooking. Once it's done, he and I then sit at his island and eat as we talk about our plans for later.

After he and I have our breakfast, I finally look at the time and see that it's almost three. Jon doesn't argue when I tell him I needed to leave and he quickly drives me back to the apartments so I could change into something clean and so I could tidy up around the apartment. As soon as I see that it's just about time for the club to open, I grab my keys and walk out, rushing to my car as knots start to build up inside me. My nerves have finally caught up to my head.

This is the first step to me becoming an adult. This decision will change everything and show how much I've truly grown. I have every right to be nervous, but I can't let my nerves get to me or stop me. I need to do this.

I quickly drive to the club and walk pass everyone as they say hello. However, I ignore them. The only person I need to talk to right now is Panda, so I don't waste a second. As soon as I step foot in the club, I walk straight to his office, opening the door without even trying to knock.

The second I walk in, Panda looks up from his computer and smiles at me. "There's the birthday boy. How was your day off?"

"It was nice," I plainly say, not wanting to give away my nerves. "I'm ready to give my answer on your offer."