Chapter 36

"You're joking, right," Jonathan asks.

I shake my head and stare sadly at the screen in front of me. I didn't want to keep Jonathan in the dark about what's been happening at the club again, so I told him about what happened last night. It's still such a shock to me, and the thought of everything has been making my stomach twist into knots. Just the thought of what Mini had to go through with that bastard. The physical and emotional pain that he must have felt during and after what had happened. I can still hear him crying hysterically as Dan walked him out to his car to drive him to the hospital.

"God, I can't imagine what they must be going through right now," Jon sighs, looking down at his hands.

I raise an eyebrow and ask, "They?"

Instantly, Jon looks back up and says, "Yeah, they. As in Craig and Tyler. I mean, think about it, Ev. Tyler was trying to help all of you guys on the floor, but just down the hall, that bastard that tried shit with you, that he pulled off of you, was raping his boyfriend. It's none of your guys' faults, but in Tyler's head, he will be blaming himself."

"But there's nothing he could have done!"

"We know that, and Tyler knows that, but his mind is still going to fuck with him. Play the "what if" game, tell him that he should have been there. Hell, I'm in another state, but I know that if that son of a bitch had raped you instead of Craig, I would be so hurt and pissed off that I would want to kill the son of a bitch, but I would also blame myself. I would be thinking, if I was there instead of here, I could have stopped it. I could have saved you from that.
Tyler just being down the hall from where this happened, he more than likely is thinking, I should have been there. He was so close to me, but I didn't hear him scream if he did. I was just down the hall, and I couldn't protect him."

I stare at the screen in shock, and I slowly start to shake my head. "Oh my god," I finally say as I finally gather my thoughts on what Jon just explained. " I didn't even think about how this would affect Tyler. I feel so horrible."

"Rape affects a lot of people, but you would need to be strong. Talk to Ze and see if maybe Mike is working on the case. That way, you will be able to know what's going on whenever there's an update in the case."

"Wouldn't the regulars be working on the case though, since they were the ones that arrested him?"

"Not really. Since they have a tie to the club, they may not be allowed to work the case. It would be pushed onto someone else."

"But Mike has a tie to the club with Ze."

"And yet, he was sent to question Brock when he was in the hospital, wasn't he? You told me that you ran into him because of that."

I let out a little gasp. "I completely forgot about that."

"The other cops probably don't know that Ze and Mike are dating, so Mike can work the cases from the club."

Before either of us could then say anything else, we suddenly hear someone say, "Awe, are you trying to sound smart to impress your boyfriend?"

Jon snaps his head to the side and glares at someone off-screen before he stands up and slams his hands on the desk. "Get the hell out of my room, Summer!"

"Awe, but I haven't gotten to meet your boyfriend yet."

"I don't care! We are in the middle of something important, so get the hell out!"

"Fine," I hear Jon's sister groan. He starts to sit down, but as he is about to touch the chair, we suddenly hear his sister start to sing the song "I'm in Love with a Stripper", which causes Jonathan to throw his headset off of his head and run towards where his sister's voice was coming from.