Chapter Forty Two

Caleb's POV

To say that I was nervous was a big fucking understatement. My heart was fucking pounding in my chest, getting ready to explode at any second now. I was so sure that the two giggily girls behind me could hear just how loud my heart was thumping.

Isaac had instructed that I take his stupid ear piece out while I stood in line to get into the party, he knew for a fact that they would pull down my hood, and man did that kid know his stuff. I was patted down from head to toe, scanned with a fucking metal detector, and was even asked to remove my hoodie for a second while I got searched for a second time. These damn Italian's sure did take their parties seriously, but then again they weren't your typical ordinary people.

I hated the fact that my sister was in love with a fücking delinquent, then again she wasn't the same girl that I left behind when I went to school. And I hated the fact the he was the reason for her growth. I'd always imagine what it would be like when Hailey came home, announcing that she was dating, that she had a boyfriend, what kind of guy she would bring home, if I would be that older protective brother type. I'd always pictured him to be this dorky dude, maybe into sports, in a fücking club, i don't know, sure as hell not some mafia gang leader dude. I mean I didn't even know that my little sister was into guys, she was quiet, always kept to herself, never went out when her best friend, her only friend. And now, now she had a handful of them, she probably even had more friends than I did.

I threw my jacket and under sweater back on once the big guys were done searching me, and stepped through the back gate that was no longer being guarded. I don't know why I was expecting to see maybe about 80 to 100 people here, but man was my count way off. I was instantly met by a sea of people.

I walked deeper into the yard throwing my hood back over my head, while sticking the little ear piece back in. It really was fucking freezing out here, I'm surprised that it still hasn't snowed yet, but then again after a few shots that really didn't matter, you were no longer feeling cold. Sad thing is though I didn't plan on drinking tonight. I had a promise that I still needed to keep, not only to my dad, but to my girl too.

Again, I continued to walk deeper and deeper into the sea of people not really knowing where to go, or what to do for a matter fact. I've never gone to a party solo, that shits kind of depressing, I always had my friends around me, but I was swimming in new water tonight. I wasn't in my home town, I didn't recognize one face here, and that was saying a lot. I'm not saying that I'm this popular guy like Matteo and his friends, but I knew my fair share of people. With that being said all I did was stand around, doing nothing, waiting for my stupid instructions, and sure enough a couple minutes later a deep voice rang in my right ear, actually scaring the shit out of me.

"Have you never been to a party, Summers? You look like a fucking creep just standing there, socialize!"

I hear another deep voice laughing softly a second later, "Dee."

"Honestly KP, he looks like a fucking idiot, at least pretend you're on your phone, Caleb."

I snort softly pulling my phone out of my jeans. Isaac and his friend Dion were the only other two, aside from me, that had ear pieces in their ears as well.

"Wait, you're in already?" I frown, starting to look around. "That was fast. Can- can you see me?"

"Clear as day," Dion speaks, as Isaac continues to speak every now a then when he feels like it. "You're making me nervous just standing there, Summers."

"Oh my god," Isaac groans, chuckling softly afterwards. "Please put him out of his misery and go get a drink or something, Caleb."

I snort and turn to walk to the right of me, making my way into the house, where it's actually warmer.