Welcome Speech

"Welcome Students, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you in being the selected few successful applicants to our humble academy. Before I start describing the new exciting features that our academy has to offer, I need to address a few important details. As you know, we have cut our student enrolment by half. This is to ensure, an extensive and focused training for those who showed sufficient potential will be carefully facilitated and documented towards their success. This being said, we will still be closely monitoring the student bodies' behaviour towards their roommate/other fellow students.." Hiruzen paused as he gave both Neji and Sasuke a small knowing look, "..bullying or tormenting of others shall not be tolerated within the premises of this academy. That is why we have abolished the class system to ensure everyone here receives equal rights. Students caught misbehaving within or out of the academy will be sent home immediately. Now, the new campus features..."

Hiruzen's voice trailed off as half of the audience's mind lingered into what he had just said. It was true then, the Hokage wanted to establish equal opportunities given to any clan that showed the best potential, so no members of the staff, clan heads and whatever not could intervene. Tenten smiled inwardly as she thought about her obnoxious roommate. She wondered how he would feel about this new development? She threw a quick glance towards him, he had that annoying stoic look present on his face; expressionless, his fist however, were balled up.

Tenten then looked towards Lee's roommate; Sasuke. He looked annoyed and angry, but then again, that was his usual look. He, just like Neji, did not smile. Neji usually looked like an arrogant and impassive aristocrat. While Sasuke usually looked like an angry and anti social teen. Not long after, a few 'psst' and 'Hey' could be heard coming from the kunoichi side of the line. Tenten turned to see a few teen girls trying their best to get Neji and Sasuke's attention. Tenten raised a curios eyebrow, which was noticed by Lee. Lee stood closer towards her and whispered, "How lucky are they? Having fan girls on the first day of school. It's okay Teiji, you and I will find our precious blossoming flower when the time comes."

Tenten sweat dropped at the very thought.

—————————————————

They entered a room where they will be executing a few physical activities before the academy decided on a suitable teacher for the team. The first activity was strength; each individual needed to show the invigilator, their jutsu and strong it already is.

Lee showed his taijutsu skills to the invigilators. He was no doubt, strong, but only lacked certain skills, which according to the invigilator, will be tested further when they have assigned him a teacher.

Next was Hyuuga Neji, he was excused from using his doujutsu, much to Tenten's dismay, it was something that Tenten was looking forward to see. She heard that he had over-exerted his eyes during an excessive three consecutive days training before he collapsed. He was then blindfolded for the next week or so and was asked to not use his byakugan until he was completely healed. But he justified himself with his taijutsu, which appeared to be superior as compared to Lee's.

It was then Tenten's turn, she took her stance before taking out her huge scroll and summoned shurikens and kunais. She shoved each of her weapons and each of them landed dead-centre at the middle of the target, earning her a few loud applause, loudest applause came from Lee.

Tenten and Lee took solace at a nice spot located at a corner of the room, that gave a clear view of the physical strength test. The next participant was Uchihaa Sasuke. He looked bored and agitated at the screaming fans behind him. When the invigilator announced the start of the test, his coal eyes turned red just like what it did a while ago. He created a few hand seal signs before he yelled, "Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu!"

A massive fireball escaped from his mouth as it attempted to attack one of the invigilator, who dismissed the fireball easily, using a smart flick of her hand. A strong force of ice enveloped the fireball and it disappeared quickly.

Sasuke's face contorted into a rare expression; confusion. He looked at the masked invigilator and addressed her, "What the hell was that? A kekei genkai?"

The invigilator motioned her hand lazily towards Sasuke as she replied behind her mask, "Successful. Please proceed to the next arena."

Sasuke shot a sharp glare towards her before he scoffed and stalked out of the area. He only paused when a loud, obnoxious voice yelled out in his direction, "I, Uzumaaki Naruto will NOT lose to you!"

Tenten turned to find the source of the voice, her eyes fell onto a blonde-haired teen with blue eyes and prominent whiskers on his cheek. He looked like he had major personal issues with this Uchihaa, in particular.

"The annoying twerp with a loud voice, stop yelling at the other participants and get your ass down here, show us what you are made of." The invigilator called out.

Because of this Uzumaki Naruto, the rest of them were no longer allowed to view the test. They were asked to leave the area immediately. Tenten sighed heavily before she gave Naruto a hard stare as she left the room.

Naruto noticed this, touched the back of his head as he shrugged and mumbled, "Sorry pal.."

—————————————————

The next few activities tested both their physical and mental strength. They gave a set of scenarios and case studies before pulling up them into a genjutsu to see how each individual could release themselves from it. It took Tenten close to an hour to figure out the riddle that they have set to disperse herself from the genjutsu.

By the time they were done for the day, Tenten was mentally and physically exhausted, she crashed onto her bed as soon as she entered her room. She almost dozed off to sleep before she heard the door to the shared room, banged open. She heard Neji's dignified roar of protests before he fell completely silent.

"They knocked out the Hyuuga Neji?! Who the hell are these people?! Are we under attack?!" Tenten thought inwardly as she pretended to lay asleep in her bed, her hand slowly made its way to the kunai hidden under her pillow.

An extremely low voice resounded in the room, "Alright, we knocked out the strong one as requested, now for the spare.." before he could finish his sentence, Tenten sprang up from her bed, with her kunai in hand. She bent forwards and sliced the knee of the first perpetrator wide open, a splutter of blood could be heard gushing through his wound.

"Fu**!! That hurts!" the first perpetrator yelled out in pain.

Tenten wasted no time, she ran towards the second perpetrator to only be caught in a genjutsu, she was in a different dimension and an entire army of crows were encircling her, pecking her, eating her flesh at every peck, before she could dispel the illusion, she was knocked out cold. Everything turned black.

—————————————————