Neji's Arranged Marriage

"Hiashi-Sama.." Neji interrupted, but was interrupted again by Hiashi.

"She is here Neji. She came from the land of tea. She is the feudal lord's daughter. She is part Hyuuga. Her Great Grandfather used to be a Hyuuga. I apologise. I know you will not be favourable towards the idea, but the elders had made the arrangements even before I had a say in it.. Please meet her.. for me.." Hiashi said gently.

Neji gripped onto the folds of his shirt as Hiashi said those words, "I will try my best then.."

"I am sorry Neji. I truly am. But perhaps, she might be the cure to whatever is causing you grief right now.." Hiashi started.

"I assure you Hiashi-Sama, I am not grieving.." Neji replied swiftly.

"Then why, do I not see you smile anymore? Why are you having a hard time sleeping at night?" Hiashi asked Neji firmly.

Neji quietened down, the room became still. The only sound that they could hear was the knocking that came quietly first and then there was silence. They could hear shuffling from outside the door and someone's voice that called out to Hiashi.

"Hiashi-Sama. She is here. Waiting for you in the main hall."

"We will be there in a minute." Hiashi called out and motioned Neji to follow him.

Neji sighed out loud as he trailed behind his uncle, Neji was not anticipating to see what lies before him. They entered the main hall and Neji saw the back of a blonde-haired lady kneeling down, facing the Hyuuga elders.

"Ah.. you have arrived." One of the elders remarked upon seeing Neji and Hiashi's form coming through the door. The Hyuuga elder motioned Neji to sit next to the lady before him. Neji obliged and sat quietly next to her, she had a strong scent, she smelled like flowers.. Almost similar to..

"Aiko." The blonde lady said abruptly as she looked straight into Neji. Neji turned and their eyes were locked into each other's gaze. "My name is Hyuuga Aiko. My Great Grandfather was a Hyuuga. He migrated to the land of tea, married my Great Grandmother then started a family there. Most men in our family have the byakugan. It rarely runs between women in our family.."

Aiko had a timid voice, almost similar to Hinata's. She had the palest grey eyes that Neji had ever seen, almost similar to the signature Hyuuga pale lavender eyes. Despite her timid voice; she had an intimidating look. She had sharp features that rendered her  slightly eerie, but those sharp looks gave off an enchanting aura. She was no doubt- beautiful despite it all.
Neji blinked before looking away. Aiko was wearing a traditional lavender kimono, due to the nature of a kimono, with layers of fabric wrapping the body of the one wearing it, Neji could not really determine the actual size of her body, just petite underneath those fabric layers.

"Hyuuga Neji." Neji heard himself say briefly before he gave a quick nod and looked straight at the elder before him.

"Well then. Since both of you are already acquainted with each other, I would like to explain why you are here.." one of the Hyuuga elder said, "..Marriage.. Now, Hiashi has requested that we postpone it to the latest possible date by getting the both of you to know each other better before the actual wedding date."

Neji inwardly scowled but his face remained placid-unreadable. He was not ready to meet anyone. He was not ready to replace the person whom he held dearly in his heart. How could Hiashi-Sama be so emotionless? Disregarding everything he had gone through despite, knowing bits and pieces of what was going on? Neji nearly retaliated but bit his lips hard to disable him from talking out of turn. He felt that he was being watched and turned his head to Aiko, who was indeed staring at him sadly.. He gave her a confused look before she quickly looked away.