Tenten's Realisation

Itachi motioned Neji to enter a room that wrote "staff only" it was a quiet pantry that currently had no occupants apart from the duo. Both prodigies were now looking intently at each other, not batting an eyelid against one another.

"Is something bothering you, Neji?" Itachi's placid voice asked.

Neji glared at his senior, he was enraged, "I'm afraid there is, Itachi. You see, your ridiculous behaviour is going to affect not just you but Takagi as well. Have you considered this predicament? Do you actually know what you are doing?"

Itachi smiled softly, he had a hunch, just like what Airin mentioned before, he was not the only one who harboured feelings towards his Teiji.

"Oro? Is this what I think it is? The pride of the Hyuuga side branch is worried for another? Careful Neji, you are showing signs of emotions.." Itachi started but was interrupted by Neji himself.

"I am not harbouring any desires onto my roommate. You are clearly mistaken. I am merely carrying out the responsibility that has been weighted upon me towards Takagi. You do not have any idea what kind of problem will surface out of this delusional preposition that you have made." Neji exclaimed hotly.

Itachi's face had turned rigid, "Do you take me as a fool Hyuuga? Do you think I am not aware of the implications that would arise when I inform the clan that I am into a male? I know exactly what will happen, but I do not care. Not having him by my side terrifies me more.."

"You DO NOT know WHAT is going on! You might think THAT is the ONLY problem but it's not! There is a deception in this matter and IF you TELL your clan, he will not only be in MAJOR trouble but he will also land in prison. It is not just about the matters of your heart, damn it! I am protecting Takagi because I have been ASSIGNED to do so!" Neji's tone was now raised, his face was red in anger, he was agitated with Itachi. It was only making it worse that he could not reveal the truth to him.

Itachi's face was now contorted in confusion, a visible crease had form on his brows, "What.. are.. you.. talking.. about..?"

Neji sighed, "I know things. This will be the best advice I can give you. If you really care for Takagi, then forget about him. He will be in massive trouble, even more than you will ever be in, if you decide to drag him in. Stop being so selfish."

With that, Neji left the room, leaving Itachi submerged in his thoughts.

—————————————————

"I never thought I would see the day when Uchihaa Itachi would call in sick. He had been oddly anticipating your arrival. It did not show on his face but he did say that he was waiting for you, which in Itachi's context is saying a lot. But now he just vanished with a 'sick' excuse." Sai mused before he turned his attention towards Tenten and Neji.

"You two must be something else. I wonder what you did to him." Sai said as he gave them his signature smile.

Tenten shot a glance towards Neji whom chose to ignore her completely, before he addressed Sai, "Are you the one who will be bringing us around the headquarters? How old are you?"

"Same age as you two. Although I started my training way earlier than you. Joined in a sub-sector of ANBU which have now closed down. They transferred me here soon after." Sai explained as he plastered the same smile across his face. Despite his smile, he looked... empty, void of personal emotions.

The rest of the day at the ANBU headquarters was a drag. It was up to the point that made Tenten miss Airin's presence, at least Airin provided them with a little entertainment when she was around. When the whole ordeal was done, it was past their mass dinner time. They only had an option of eating out before they return to their dormitory. Tenten really wanted to know what Neji had said to Itachi, it must be something huge that it took a great impact on him. She turned around to casually ask Neji if he would be willing to have dinner with her, but to her dismay, he had vanished as soon as Sai ended his demonstration.