Uchihaa Itachi

Hiashi raised an eyebrow before Tenten yelled, "Transform!"

Hiashi's eyes widened, he practically activated his byakugan in the process, he scanned Tenten's form before him and he noted that the chakra flow, was indeed female; Teiji was a female?!

It was Tenten's turn to bow before him, "Forgive me for deceiving you and everyone else, but I am aware that your byakugan could see right through me by reading my chakra flow. It would be in a matter of days when Neji will realise that I am in fact a lady as well. I implore you, Hiashi-Sama to keep this a secret. Please ask Neji and Hinata to do the same."

Hiashi's face was now composed, slightly uncomfortable, but nonetheless; calm. "I believe you have a reason behind this deception? You managed to even deceive the Hokage whom I heard had put you in the scholarship program. Why?"

Tenten took a deep breath and explained, "The day we registered at the academy, there were no more slots available for the girls. Hence, I did the next best thing, pretended to be a guy. I know it's foolish but I need to be a better person, to be one of the best ninja Konoha had ever seen. It's retribution for what my Father had done to the village. I have forgiven him, but not everyone has. And I will work my ass off as a loyal Konoha ninja to help those he had hurt. Anko, my guardian has been training me, but she is not always there; she is busy under interrogation unit and away on missions. That is why I need this, Hiashi-Sama."

Hiashi nodded. He took a good look at the brunette before her and he felt a pang of guilt as he did. She reminded him so much of his nephew, she was hurt in ways he could not possibly imagine. But here she was, standing before him, confident and positive. She did not grew up in confining hatred and plotting revenge against others like Neji; but instead, she chose to do something about it. She wanted to prove that something great would happen even after a tragedy, she proved that rock bottom became the solid foundation which she rebuilt life ~ (J.K. Rowling)

Hiashi compared her to Neji and realised that Neji needed her. She was his unofficial guardian angel, she was the one who could bring out the 360 degrees change in him. He thought about their sleeping arrangement amongst other things which worried him greatly. But then it suddenly came to his attention, that was the reason why Neji needed to know about her, he needed to protect her. If anyone else found out about her real gender they would take advantage of it. Hiashi trusted Neji, he knew well enough that his Nephew would never take advantage of a woman. Neji was a man that followed the rules, especially those that had been transpired within the Hyuuga clan.

"Very well. I accept this request of yours. Neji is waiting in front of this door as well speak.." Hiashi paused when Tenten have him a confused look, "I saw him with my byakugan of course. I will tell Hinata afterwards but now, I need you to stay in this form, let me do the talking."

Tenten nodded and removed the seal from the door, she stood quietly behind the door, feeling quite apprehensive of Neji's reaction. Neji's form entered the room slowly, he met his uncle's gaze and nodded gently, "Have you spoken to Takagi-San, Hiashi-Sama?"

Hiashi nodded, "I have in fact, I need to speak to you of something that is of great importance." Hiashi paused as he signalled Tenten to shut the door firmly, she did so and sealed it, she turned her head slowly to meet Neji's gaze. The latter looked confused initially. He turned his head towards his Uncle and ask.

"What is the meaning of this? Who is she?" Neji asked him curiously.

"Activate your byakugan. Slowly." Hiashi ordered gently.

Neji nodded, he activated his byakugan slowly, it took a little while for it to come into complete effect, as it had been a while since he used it.

"It's okay Neji,"Hiashi urged gently, "Stings a little, but can I have your attention focused towards this little lady here?"

Neji obliged, he looked at Tenten and read her chakra flow, Hiashi then gestured Tenten to transform, which she did. Neji's eyes widened as he read Teiji's chakra flow, he took a few steps backwards before he stammered, "Takagi- Takagi is a  la-lady~!"

Hiashi nodded as he introduced Tenten to Neji, "I just found out about it myself, Neji meet Tenten. She has been pretending to be a man for personal reasons. But she needs our help and I have given her my word that I will do whatever it takes to keep this a secret from everyone else, so will you and Hinata. But your task is much more important, Neji, you will be her official guardian. You will be looking out for her in case she needs it."

"I don't." Tenten retorted, "That's not part of the plan Hiashi-Sama."

"It's not, young lady but you are a lady in a male infested dormitory, in any case if you need to do womanly things, at least Neji can cover you up. Having someone in the know of things is better than being alone. What say you?" Hiashi asked Tenten.

"I guess.." Tenten replied.

"So, Neji, can I have your word?" Hiashi asked him.

"Of course, Hiashi-Sama. I will not let you down." Neji answered placidly.

"Good. You might need her more than you are willing to admit." Hiashi murmured against Neji's ear, which confuses Neji, but his stoic expression remained unchanged.

Hiashi almost left the room before Tenten whom had transformed back in Teiji called out, "Wait! You mentioned someone was observing me earlier, who was it?"

"Oh, Uchihaa Itachi.."

—————————————————

Uchihaa Itachi was the epitome of calm, confident and compose. A man of very few words. He was the Uchihaa prodigy, he skipped a few grades when they realised that he was in fact a natural genius, but he had refused to graduate from the academy without seeing how his little brother was fairing. Sasuke was his everything; he adored his little brother, more than the boy would ever know. The day Sasuke went rogue and left the village in search of power, killed Itachi, that was the same day he was offered to skip the academy entirely and graduate from it.

When he finally found Sasuke and confronted him, Sasuke explained that he was tired of being compared to Itachi- a prodigy. He wanted to be just as strong and at a shorter time frame. That was when Itachi lost it. He attacked Sasuke, relentlessly, without holding himself back. Sasuke almost died under Itachi's hand before he questioned,

"Why?"

Itachi's face that was filled with rage answered, "Because you wanted to find someone powerful to train you. Am I not powerful enough? Have you not seen enough of my strength? Allow me to train you. You will surpass me, otoutou."

Itachi kneeled next to Sasuke's lying form and flicked his forehead before Sasuke smiled softly and whispered, "You could  have just said that and not beat me half to death.."

Itachi snapped up from his reverie, he understood why his Brother reacted as such, why he held onto a negative thought  and ran away from home. He understood why Hyuuga Neji hated the main branch. But what he did not understand was this unknown teenage boy; Takagi Teiji, why he did not suppress any ill desires against anyone. Nothing against the village, nothing against his parents' clan, nothing. On the contrary, this boy, took it upon himself to become a better person. To not follow his parents' footsteps. He turned the negative nurturing environment he was brought up into, a positive experience for himself. He became stronger for himself not for others or any pent up hatred desires.

Takagi Teiji was intriguing.

Itachi recalled what Teiji had said to Neji, "I won't even be surprised if we surpass you, with hard work and determination I am certain we can even change our fate."

"Change your fate huh? The fate of the child of a missing nin and a suicidal Mother." Itachi mused curiously as he stood up from his seat at the far end of the school cafeteria and walked silently back to his dormitory to prepare for his upcoming Mission.