Itachi's Confession

Further understanding of Airin and Kakashi's past can be found in another fanfic that I wrote called "Neji (Naruto Fanfic) Limited Tsukuyomi" Chapter : Kakashi's Secret.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Two days later

Tenten was lying down on her bed in her dormitory as Teiji. She thought about all of the crazy things that were happening in her life. She thought about how warm it was to be in Itachi's embrace, but it did not feel.. quite right. Was it because he was deceived by her? He still thought hat she was a teenage boy? She had a hunch that he might like her as Teiji which was another issue. Maybe Itachi liked men? And here she was, a genuine lady who enjoyed playing dress-ups as a man. She groaned when she thought how Itachi would take in this piece of news, she took her pillow from underneath her head and placed it on her face as she mumbled something incoherently.

"No one can hear you like that." Neji mused from his desk, he was doing some late night reading as he bit onto a cookie.

"You really like the matcha tea cookies that I baked don't you? Come to think of it, I have never seen you eating cookies." Came Tenten's unmuffled voice after she surfaced out of the pillow.

Neji scoffed before he replied, "Don't flatter yourself Takagi. It's either I consume it or I throw it in the bin, considering the fact that I was unable to swallow that spicy inedible excuse of a curry that Lee enjoyed so much during mass dinner; I prefer choosing the earlier alternative, thank you very much."

An anime vein had propped prominently on Tenten's left temple, she wanted to retaliate but thought better of it. Neji was extremely good at debating, despite the fact that he hardly spoke to anyone apart from Tenten, did not stop him from being an articulate smart-ass. Besides, she knew him pretty well by then, Neji was a complex piece of work. He would never actually admit that he enjoyed something even though it was evident on his facial expression~ no. He would use negative words to describe whatever it was that he enjoyed, in short he used opposite words to describe his hidden pleasures. That was not always the case though; take Lee and Gai for example, Neji would usually be completely blunt and blatant to their faces. Neji was a really complicated man, however, Tenten had spent lots of time with him to figure him out; well..most of the time.

A soft knock could be heard on their door, Neji groaned loudly so that the uninvited guest could hear him before he exclaimed just as loudly, "I don't care if he is the Prefect or the Hokage, he needs to give us some space."

Tenten rolled her eyes at her roommate before she opened up the door to reveal Itachi, in his black body-hugging inner shirt and grey jogger pants.

"Evening, Neji. As usual, I could hear every single thing you said. Just wanted to ensure that the both of you have not killed each other..." Itachi spoke calmly which earned him an irate scoff from the Hyuuga in the room, ".. you should really consider switching roommates Teiji. I have no roommate ever since Hideki-Kun was kicked out of the academy. Would you want to.."

Neji has had it, he banged his desk as he stood up from his seat and walked towards Itachi who was still standing at the doorway, "Takagi is fine and well with me. Heck, I saved his ass countless times. Besides, first years can't be assigned in the same room as a third year student. Now if you could kindly leave this vicinity, that would be great. I am trying to study here."

Itachi looked calm and composed at the frustrated Hyuuga before him, "the question was clearly posed towards Teiji~not you."

Neji gave a low and threatening growl towards the ever calm Itachi before Tenten stood in between them and held onto both of their chests before pushing them gently away from one another, "Alright, break it up you too. Hyuuga calm down. And Icchan..."