Culprits

Thank you for the comments. Someone wanted Izumi to be in the picture. I have finally added her in this chapter. Enjoy :)

Neji was heading towards the academy with Tenten, in lightning speed. Neither one made any attempt in talking. It was one of the few awkward moments they had.

Neji had the vision of Tenten wrapped by the waist in Itachi's embrace, trapped in his mind. He noted that Tenten was decently dressed but not in Itachi's case. To make it worst; that nut job really ticked him off when he kissed Tenten in front of him; before saying those words out. Neji clenched his fist in anger.

Tenten noticed this, she had an idea of what Neji was thinking about, she could not take it any longer, she pumped chakra into her legs and ran in front of him before stopping abruptly. Her hands were outstretched signalling Neji to stop. Neji who was extremely consumed in his thoughts, did not manage to stop on time; instead, he bumped hard onto Tenten, causing both to fall flat onto the hard ground.

"Takagi!! What in tarnation.." Neji yelled out as he caught her fallen body by the waist.

"Nothing happened okay? We did not do anything last night. The bed that I was in was uncomfortable so he asked me to sleep on his bed instead. We slept together, but nothing sexual happened okay? Stop making that face already. It doesn't suit you." Tenten exclaimed, without making eye contact with Neji.

Neji scoffed as he stayed still in the position hat they were in, "I was certainly not thinking about that..."

".. sure Neji. I am just enlightening you with a personal piece of information. That is all." Tenten interrupted him dismissively.

Both individuals were still lying flat on the floor, Neji could smell her again. Her beautiful scent that he missed so much was pressed hard against his body. He felt like bottling the scent up and carry it around with him, the very least that he could get from her. Neji sighed inwardly as he got off of her and pulled her up with a little too much force which resulted in an almost face collision. Their faces were now inches apart, Neji could feel her hot breath against his face, they were extremely close and both of them were not backing away.

"We should go.." Tenten breathed out quietly.

"We really should.." Neji agreed, but still stood there immobilised.

"But why aren't we..?" Tenten asked him gently.

"Because Shikamaru's being an ass.." Neji sighed as his byakugan was activated, true enough, Shikamaru had locked them both in his shadow posession jutsu.

"They got me to do it. How troublesome." Shikamaru sighed as he pointed towards Lee and Gai, who were standing nearby.

"We failed.." Lee pouted unhappily.

"A failed mission it is Lee.." Gai nodded as tears streamed down his cheeks, "We wanted to see how the two of you would react in this situation. Alas, the two of you are as stubborn as.."

Gai did not manage to finish his sentence, as soon as Shikamaru dispelled the duo from his shadow possession jutsu, Tenten and Neji charged him and Lee. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You are crazy. I am NOT doing this. Find someone else who would agree to your messed up idea.." a blonde lady with the palest shade of grey eyes said flatly. Her grey eyes were extremely pale that it could be mistaken as the Hyuuga's eyes. She had an intimidating look, sharp nose, high cheekbones and a constant frown that was usually plastered across her face; yet despite her slightly eerie features, she was stunning. Something radiated from within that rendered her irresistible to others.