Beware of the Byakugan

Tenten and Lee barely made it to class, it was 9am on the dot which earned them a slight disapproving look from Iruka, but otherwise he said nothing but simply motioned them to their seats. Lee still looked- presentable, he barely shed a single sweat. But Tenten as usual, looked like she had just ended a 4-day jungle trekking course, her hair was in disarray, shirt slightly askew, some dried leaves were attached to her tousled hair. She scanned the classroom and caught hold of Neji, who had the same blank expression. But as soon as he saw her he let out a side smirk, which caused her to blush. She stormed in towards the empty seat next to Sakura and sat down quietly.

As soon as Iruka started to lecture them about the theory of short distance-range fighting styles, Sakura giggled. Tenten raised an eyebrow before she asked, "What's so funny?"

Sakura's giggles became louder before she whispered , "You. You look like you have been attacked by a savage beast in the jungle."

Tenten chuckled quietly at that, she decided that she liked Sakura, she was funny. She only paused when the entire class stared at them.

"Great. We have our first volunteers. Now tell us, what is the strategic advantage of a ninja if they would like to punch, defend, or move?" Iruka asked them sternly.

Before Tenten could even think of a response, Sakura stood up and answered, "The ninja's position which is a static frame or solid stance. Positioning one self would be to hold still without movement. Superior fighting positions are expected to offer more power, more balance, speed, or strategic advantages."

"That was good Haruno-San. Thorough and detailed in every aspect. However, Takagi-San, would you be so kind to come forth and demonstrate the proper fighting position? I will find you a partner to spar with." Iruka asked, he was obviously annoyed with their endless classroom giggles and chuckles.

"S-Sure.." Tenten spluttered as she made her way to the front of the class.

"Your opponent is.. Hyuuga Hinata." Iruka called out.

Tenten's ear perked up as soon as she heard the name, "A Hyuuga?"

A pale teen who looked slightly younger than Tenten walked with meek steps towards the front of the class. She took her stance before Tenten.

"Now, demonstrate a Taijutsu fight. Begin!" Iruka barked.

Hinata charged Tenten immediately, her movements were swift, elegant but deadly, she was trying to block Tenten's chakra flow. Tenten read up about the Hyuuga clan. They were one of the most powerful clan in Konoha, their Byakugan gives them extended fields of vision and the ability to see through solid objects and even the chakra circulartory system, amongst other things. Members of this clan also possess the unique ability to expel chakra from any of the tenketsu in their body. Tenten knew that she should avoid getting hit by Hinata at all cost, but in a pure taijutsu match, Tenten was handicapped without her weapons. She was at a disadvantage. Tenten used the experience she had when she was under Anko's tutelage. Hinata aimed a kick towards Tenten, she intercepted before the leg has a chance to reach full extension. She exploited it when the leg was being withdrawn. In one brisk movement, Tenten rushed in and jammed Hinata by using her footwork to encircle and change in her leg stance. The sudden movement confuses Hinata, Tenten took that opportunity to use her other foot to kick Hinata's leg down, causing her to crash backwards against the floor. Tenten then pummelled Hinata down to the floor as she trapped Hinata's hands behind her.

The entire room roared with applause when Iruka yelled, "Takagi-San wins the match."

Tenten got off Hinata's back and slowly helped her up, "Are you okay? I am sorry, I got a little carried away."

Hinata's entire face turned scarlet red before She stammered, "Y-y-you are t-t-too kind, Takagi-San. I d-do not d-deserve kindness for I am an u-unworthy opponent.."

"Unworthy? Girl you are out of your mind! If I hadn't blocked you in time, you could have easily taken me down. You are a total bad ass. Remind me not to mess with you in the near future." Tenten offered a gentle smile towards Hinata who seemed to stutter incomprehensible words before she passed out.

"She's out cold people!" Tenten yelled before she carried Hinata up; bridal style.

"Damn it Hinata. First, you pass out every single time Naruto comes close to you, now you pass out when Teiji talks to you!" a teen with a white dog the size of a fully-grown mountain wolf cried out. "Teiji, give her to me, I will bring her to the infirmary."

Tenten obliged as the disgruntled dog-boy took Hinata away from her arms and marched out of the classroom.

————————————————

While they were on their way to meet up with Gai, Anko's summon crawled up towards Tenten's fingers, the small brown coloured Egyptian Cobra greeted Tenten, "What'ssss Upp....Ten..." before the snake could finish its sentence Tenten shoved two fingers into its mouth to shut it up.

Neji and Lee were looking at Tenten and the tiny snake suspiciously. Tenten laughed nervously before she cleared her throat, "It's Aunt Anko's summon, this little tyke would most possibly send me a message about something private again like... her tampons?"

"Please move at least 30 metres away from us." Neji cringed in disgust as he and Lee dashed away from Tenten and the snake.

"Sorry Hibiki!!" Tenten yelled as she removed her fingers off of the snake's fangs. "I am kind of under cover for reasons you do not want to know, so for now, please address me as Teiji."

Hibiki gave her an annoyed look, but gave her the scroll anyways before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Tenten opened up the scroll quickly and read :

Dear T,

This is highly important. The last time I saw you with your current team, I was too caught up in beating Gai into a pulp that it distracted me from a really important detail. There is a Hyuuga in your team; the good looking guy.

Tenten rolled her eyes as she continued reading. Thinking that Anko might want Tenten to ask Neji for his cousin's name for Anko and what not.

I know what you're thinking, but no, I am not interested in any of the Hyuuga clan, they reek of etiquette and manners. Anyways, Hyuugas can read another individual's chakra flow, chakra flow differs between men and women respectively. Each gender have their own distinct chakra flow. I heard that he and his cousin; Hinata, were engaged in a battle, both of them overused their byakugan and are resting their eyes for the time being. This, will not last long. Once he is able to use it again, he can see right through you. Avoid the Hyuuga at all costs. Switch roommates and even team if you are still planning to take up the Hokage's scholarship program. All the best.

P.S. Burn this upon reading.

A

Tenten cursed under her breath before she burnt the scroll. She started to panic as she rushed straight to the training grounds.