He Left

"The best method to capture a fish with your bare hands is to approach the fish you want to catch (downstream, from behind, since they spend most of their time facing and swimming upstream), and getting your hand in the water without startling it—slowly and from behind" Itachi suggested as he demonstrated the method towards Tenten.

In one swift motion, Itachi managed to capture a smallmouth bass. It wriggled in Itachi's hands wildly before Itachi tossed it aside in one fluid motion; it landed right into the bucket which was resting on the hard ground.

Tenten blinked her eyes, "That was major cool. I bet none of your teammates ever had to die of starvation whenever you are around..." Itachi smiled as soon as those words formed out of her mouth, Itachi felt the tingling feeling within his skin, butterflies fluttered in his tummy.

Tenten took her stance in the lake, she was ankle deep in water, (Itachi suggested to be in the water instead of being on top of it, to blend in with the lake.) Her body slightly hunched with her arms outstretched, "Let's do this!"

Her sharp eyes saw a fish swimming by, in one precise movement, she launched herself forwards and grabbed the fish from the back, to only let it slip away from her grasp. Tenten tried to reach out to the said fish again, only to lose her balance and fall forwards, splashing into the lake water.

Itachi smirked quietly at the side before he realised something was wrong; his Teiji did not resurface from the water.

"Teiji?!" Itachi called out urgently, he instinctively activated his sharingan before he felt clammy chakra filled hands pulled him by the ankles, he lost his footing and fell backwards with a splash. He quickly regained his composure; as he sat in the lake, his entire outfit was all wet as Tenten resurfaced from the water giggling loudly.

"I caught a huge fish Senpai!" Tenten howled as she laughed uncontrollably.

Itachi looked annoyed initially, but the look on his Teiji's face was- breathtaking. He could not help it but to be mesmerised by it. When Teiji laughed, he looked exactly like the female version of Teiji- the one Itachi was falling for. Itachi stood up and walked swiftly towards Tenten who was clutching onto her tummy in a fit of laughter. He gently placed a hand on Tenten's shoulders and motioned her to straighten up.

Tenten looked at Itachi oddly, surely he was not that upset over her little prank? Just then Itachi pulled her closer to him, filling up the space between them and embraced her.

"Thank you. For making me feel this way. But I am confused. Extremely confused. I will definitely miss you. But I have to go for a while to do a little soul searching. I will be back. Please wait for me." Itachi whispered delicately against her ears.

Tenten did not understand what was going on, but she did not want him to go, where was he going? Why was he telling her this? All of a sudden the lake lay silver in the bright sunset, irregular like an splatter of paint on canvas. The rippled water ran right into the fissures, washing the soil from the rocks. The only sound was the soft whispering of the trees and someone's legs splashing through the lake. Tenten was caught in a genjutsu. Itachi had planted a genjutsu on her before he left.

"Snap out of it!" Tenten heard a familiar voice commanded her. "Damn it Takagi! Expel!"

It was Neji, he was holding onto her shoulders. She realised that she was kneeling in the lake looking at a fuming Hyuuga.

"What happened?" Tenten asked quizzically.

Neji looked at her incredulously before he looked away and replied, " The Uchihaa was embracing you, before you became completely still. You were in his genjutsu weren't you?" Neji turned to see her again to only be shocked by an entirely unexpected scene.