Sleep with me

Neji could not sleep. He had not been getting much sleep ever since his only roommate left. He had the room all to himself, just like how it was like back home in the Hyuuga household, but, it was different. He was so accustomed to  Tenten's rhythmic breathing, her sleep speech, her presence. It just made sleeping easier for Neji, but now, he would just wake up in the middle of the night, meditating and wondering how he could mimic Tenten's breathing in his mind to put him back to bed.

Tonight, it was worse, Neji overheard Itachi inviting Tenten to sleep over the Uchihaa household and Sasuke- the other swine, second that motion.

"She is his fiancé.. This will bound to happen sooner or later.." Neji thought inwardly.

Neji sighed loudly. The very thought of Tenten being touched by another was mortifying. She was not even his to begin with. But he could not help hoping that he was the one who was her fiancé not Itachi. Tenten felt incredible in his hands. He wanted to feel more of her, so badly that fateful night that happened weeks ago. The worst part (or best part) was that she was responding to his every touch. It drove him crazy. Was Itachi depriving her of that? Or did she want Neji to do it?

These thoughts were starting to consume him, he got off of bed and started to walk out of his room, circling the Hyuuga compound to put his mind at ease. He did not expect to bump into a familiar figure when he passed by the huge garden within the Hyuuga premises.

"Neji Nii-San? What are you doing up so late?" Hinata asked him.

"I should ask you the same question Hinata-Sama. What's keeping you up?" Neji asked her calmly as he stood quietly next to her. Hinata was looking up towards the starry sky.

Hinata sighed as she turned her head and faced Neji, "The fire. I am pretty sure it wasn't an accident. It seemed pretty intentional. One of the girls in my dormitory was almost burnt o a crisp if I have not seen her trapped behind a door using my byakugan. The question is, who would do such a thing? Jeopardising the safety of others for their own selfish gain?"

Neji looked at Hinata is shock, he never knew his cousin to not only be a hesitant worry wart but also a strong individual who absolutely abhor the idea of injustice and actually caring about it. Neji smiled as he said out, "You are all grown up Hinata-Sama. You will make a fine heiress one day. "

Hinata chuckled softly before she continued, "When that day comes, I will dissolve the branching method. No one will be given a curse mark. I will make sure of it."

Neji's eyes sharpened towards Hinata as he gave her a sincere smile, "I would look forward to that day, dearest cousin."

Hinata continued on, "That will not only be the change that I am going to make.. Marriage.. Should not be restricted within the clan members only.. If an individual expresses their desire to marry someone who is not from our clan, there should be no objections; instead we should support the very idea. Just like what the Uchihaa clans are doing right now. They are accepting Tenten.." Hinata shot a quick glance towards her Cousin. 

Neji's smile faltered slightly as his gaze slowly traveled from Hinata towards the night sky, "That sounds.. Absolutely divine.." Neji muttered quietly.

"Is there something you would want to share with the class, Neji Nii-San?" Hinata asked him gently.

"I am not very fond of the idea of marriage so to speak, Hinata-Sama. Maybe you should abolish the idea of forcing some of us from marrying at 17 years of age as well.." Neji started but was interrupted by Hinata.

"You don't like the idea of marriage? Could it be possible that it is because you already have someone in mind?" Hinata asked him cheekily.

Neji heaved a huge sigh before he answered that question, "Someone unattainable should not be worth mentioning in this conversation. It would only bring forth further problems between two clans. We are already at peace. I would not want to jeopardise that, Hinata-Sama. I know where I stand."