Changes

The rest of the night sped through quicker than Tenten could have imagined. She did not remember doing much, other than trailing Hiashi or sometimes Hinata. She avoided Neji completely. She was furious with him, was she not his Friend? How could he even think of leaving the village and his single hood life without sharing that piece of pertinent information with her?

"Things are not looking so good, genius." Aiko whispered delicately against Hiashi's ear as soon as she asked Neji to retrieve a second helping of the grilled Saba fish. Hiashi gave Aiko a pointed look before she replied, "Tenten is avoiding Neji! Your plan has backfired! How are they going to confess if they are not in speaking terms with each other?!"

Hiashi's eyes widened as he shot a quick glance towards Tenten. She looked heartbroken, her crestfallen face was evident in the soft light of the night.

"I think.. It is going accordingly. They will confront each other soon enough." Hiashi said simply as Aiko scowled at his idiocy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So who is looking after Myra..No..Izumi-San, since you are here?" Yamato asked Itachi as soon as he threw a dart and hit right on the bullseye.

"My clone. Along with Sasuke." Itachi replied calmly as he threw three darts and all of them hit dead centre of the board. "This is getting lame. I am pretty sure we can all establish the fact that we are pretty good shooters.."

"That is not the point of games night, my friend." Sai mused stoically. "You are supposed to enjoy being in the company of your male friends."

Itachi sighed at that comment. He wanted to enjoy himself, he really did, but all that he could think about was Tenten. He kept glancing at the clock to check if its time to pick her up from the Hyuuga household. She was supposed to spend the night at the Uchihaa household. He really missed her. He felt a sudden weight upon his shoulder and looked up to see Kakashi's hand resting on his shoulder, Kakashi was giving Itachi his signature one eyed crease smile.

"I used to worry about Airin constantly too. I can ever get other men to not fawn over her beauty. She was always chased, desired and sought after. I became slightly possessive afterwards. I restricted her from going out with certain individuals. She was extremely upset with me that she refused to come home for days. That short break made me realised how much she means to me and the type of idiot I have become. You see Itachi, trust is a really important thing in marriage. If you do not trust her then, you are no acceptable to the fact that she loves you and will only come back home to you.."

Itachi looked down as soon as Kakashi said those words. The dart in his hand felt warm as his cold hands gripped onto it. Kakashi noticed this and asked him, "You do trust her don't you?"

Itachi sighed as he motioned Kakashi to follow him to a quiet place of the bar that they were in. Both could hear the voices of Gai and Yamato laughing loudly from the back over a stupid joke; while Sai and Kei were discussing about Konoha politics. Their voices were droned out of Itachi's senses as he focused his gaze onto the silver haired man before him. Itachi took a seat at one of the bar stools and Kakashi followed after. Itachi brushed the bangs off of his face using his left hand as he looked at Kakashi.

"I love her senpai. I really do. I would give her my life when the time calls for it. But I just can't help feeling that she is... holding herself back. I know she cares for me. The day I left the village and put her in my genjutsu, I stayed back at the river and hid there to observe her for one last time. I saw her crying for me, telling the Hyuuga that I have left.." Itachi started but as soon as he mentioned the word Hyuuga the glint in his eyes were replaced by anger, "..then I saw her cry for the Hyuuga when she begged me to help him at Oshima Island. The tears that were shed were exactly the same as before. She does not just care for me she also shares the same feeling as she does on her ex-roommate.. I want to trust her but I have a feeling that she.."