Truth

Author's Note : The "Truth" game was inspired by Sarah Dessen's; The Truth About Forever.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Neji shot a quick glance towards Itachi, the latter looked infuriated with Tenten; something completely different from his composed features. Itachi then snapped his head and looked straight at Neji with possible killing intentions.

"What a psycho." Neji thought inwardly.

"Neji." Itachi greeted him in a monotonous voice.

"Itachi." Neji replied back placidly, pale eyes never leaving Itachi's dark coal eyes, before he walked towards the direction that Tenten jogged off to.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"We should leave now, Airin-Senpai. Keep a close distance..." Itachi started but was cut short by Airin.

"Itachi-Kun." Airin said out sternly, "We cannot do that. Both of them will notice our presence immediately! Neji has the byakugan for crying out loud. He can see us within a 20 kilometres range. We have to wait for at least an hour or so."

Itachi kept quiet a he clenched his jaw tight. He was beyond enraged. His fiancé was out on a mission with the very man that he detested. He could not fathom why he hated the Hyuuga that much. Was it because they share a certain connection that even he did not posses with Tenten? Was this just jealousy? For an entire month he had tried his best to get the Hyuuga out of the picture. He was the one who scheduled their scholarships program into different timings, he was the one who proposed Gai to go out on a whole month worth of mission (he had to spar with the other jounin shinobi and kunoichi and hurt them to a great extent so that the Hokage had no other choice but to deploy Gai out). Itachi sighed out loud, he thought spending more time with Tenten would forge the same "unique bond" that she and Neji shared; but instead, he felt that she was distancing herself away from him. She hardly slept over anymore, if she did, she would make a million excuses as to why she refused to sleep in his room but rather; preferring the futon in Izumi's room. He was infuriated with her behaviour up to the point that made him go extremely tough on her during their usual sparring sessions. He had even unconsciously unleashed his mangekyou on certain occasions onto her. It marveled him how quickly she had adapted to the pain, but she never did once cried or broke down in front of him.

He was snapped out of his reveries when he heard Airin clicked her tongue disapprovingly.

"Is there something wrong, Senpai?" Itachi asked her calmly.

"You are hurting her." Airin said sharply, adding an accusing tone towards it, "If you love her, you should not even think of hurting her."

"It was essential for me to teach her.." Itachi started but was cut short by Airin.

"Cut the shit-fest Itachi-Kun. You hurt her to punish her. Every single time she rejects your company, your intimacy, rejecting you. You will punish her during the spar with your damn mangekyou. I can still read minds if you have forgotten." Airin exclaimed worriedly.

"I am aware. But you are reading everything wrongly. I know your weakness. Even reading minds can be puzzling for you, you simply read but decipher it in your own perception. What you conclude is wrong. I am doing this out of love.." Itachi started but was interjected by Airin's mirthless laugher.