Talking It Out

Frisk, Chara, and Flowey were able to take the wounded rabbit to Toriel, who helped them get it to a vet. The vet said that it may or may not be seriously injured and would recover soon. It was a good thing that the kids found it, or it may have died in its weakened and vulnerable state. They were allowed to come on and check in on it and the vet would inform them of its progress until it's well enough to leave.

"I'm guessing that the love for animals came from the Underground?" Sans joked on time while he was babysitting the kids. Luckily, they were all in the living room so it was easy to keep an eye on all of them.

"She couldn't help but pet Greater Dog!" Chara referred in a sing-sang tone to Frisk. The Human wasn't around as she had to attend a meeting with Toriel.

Sans grinned. "But you were in a real 'howl' about it. You were seriously 'chasing tail' because of it and how hurt it was"

"I've ever seen a dog before, let alone a rabbit" Chara confessed. "And back then, the Royal Guard had tougher beings so this is technically my first time. Okay, I did see how they look in book, but you know the photos could never match the real deal"

"You never saw a dog? Didn't your parents ever take you to a pet shop?"

The girl looked down a bit from that. Sans paused for a bit before he realized why.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. I forgot. You...you never saw animals, did you?"

"Sans, I may have been raised by royalty after adoption, but I began abused"

He frowned at that. He remembered from the past that she was adopted and all, but he didn't know that her old life before the Underground was really that hard. She told him that she lost her parents when she was a baby and grew up in an orphanage. But because of the war, she was mistreated and bullied by the others due to her eyes. When she went to the mountain, she initially thought of killing herself.

"I can't even imagine what it's like to go through all that as a kid. Well, I lost my dad as well before Pap could even remember things and we were watched by Grillby but you went through worse. Guess that's the origin of your hate, huh?"

She nodded. "I didn't want to tell Mom or Asgore or even Asriel about it. You were the lucky one who got close enough to let me tell you, even before all this madness happened"

"You never had any human friends back then, did you?"

She shrugged.

"None of them ever showed a bond for you to feel loved?"

She shrugged. "You can't really miss what you never had. That's why I felt so much emotion after Frisk and how much she didn't give up on me. Those humans from my timeline basically just judged me all the time because of my eyes. They all had black, blue, or brown, but I had red. They called me the Demon Girl, which I am now. When I died, the hate consumed me after my visit to you. I blamed them all for this. Then, I started to lead the following humans astray until they died. I nearly got away with it with Frisk, but Flowey was protecting her. And when she finally got me, that was when I finally felt my first bond between another human that wasn't hostile" she looked at the locket on her neck. "Everyone gave me materiel objects and memories. She gave me the greatest gift of all: Love. I owe her for giving me that gift"

She then turned back to the skeleton. "Now, I want to help you with your love for mom"

Sans blushed slightly at the gesture. "All that time with Frisk really changed you"

She playfully punched his shoulder, careful not to damage his 1HP. "Stop changing the topic and listen to what I have to say"

===================================================

"I really have to do something about Chara's love for chocolate" Toriel sighed as she and Frisk took some bars of chocolate. The meeting was over and they decided to do some shopping for the house. Of course, they had to pick up the residents' favorite treats.

"Well, it can't really be helped. I already tried" Frisk shrugged. "It's a miracle she isn't gaining weight from all that"

"I just hope that in a real case scenario, she'll choose you over her favorite sweet"

Her little joke sent Frisk into a blushing mess.

Toriel chuckled, covering her mouth with her paw. "Aww, my children are growing so fast"

"Umm, mom, can I ask a question?"

"Of course, what is it, my child?"

"Do you like Sans or Asgore?" she used her innocent tone for better approach.

Toriel turned slightly red from that. She knew that Frisk was old enough to know about, and was currently in, a relationship. Still, she didn't expect her to ask something like that so soon after dating Chara. Though, it did look predictable as Chara seems to have favored the skeleton a lot more than she does with the one who adopted her.

She pondered on about her thoughts as she and the child with her walked on. Who did she like? She had already forgiven Asgore for his mistakes in the past and they were currently fine now. She did still feel love from him. The only reason she hated him seemed to have been dismissed as soon as her first daughter suddenly came back breathing air. He was a little overwhelming because of how he tried many times to flirt with her, but that was because he just wanted forgiveness.

Then there's Sans. They had their first indirect meeting through the door to the Ruins. She was sad and lonely one day because it was the day that Jenna had left to try to go home. She went to the door and heard knocking. That was the start of some life and laughter in her life. He even agreed to her promise that the next Human, Frisk, will be safe. She was a little mad at him when he nearly hurt Flowey and sent Chara into a frenzy of panic, but she forgave him the moment they started to get along. If anything, they were thick as thieves now.

Two choices. No going back. The ex or the crush. The King or the sentry. The Goat Man or the skeleton. One is feared by the children, while another is loved. One tried to kill her latest; the other protected and watched her. One broke her heart; the other mended it.

Toriel snapped out of her thoughts when her phone rang. She opened it to answer. "Um, yes, Toriel Dreemur speaking"

Frisk was watching her mother the whole time. She was wondering what her decision would be. It really looked like she was deep in thought as she kept staring into space and thought long.

Toriel eyes widened. "Excuse me, but did you just say the rabbit escaped?"