Defensive

Sans sighed as he walked down the street to Toriel's house. It had been weeks since he came over for a casual visit. Since Chara's disappearance, the mother had been so worried. She was devastated that she had lost her child yet again. He let her have some space for the time being and let her grieve, coming over when he had to babysit the kids or take Frisk to school.

Now, he wanted to be there for her. He decided it was time he went over and checked on her. He had to know how she was really doing. If she wanted to cry, he had to be there to help her through it.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw Asgore. Not wanting to face another confrontation, he hid himself in the nearby corner. When he was sure he had passed by, he looked over to see him. The goat looked pretty distraught. He had a bouquet of roses with him. Sans watched as he walked over Toriel's house. The skeleton managed to find a hiding spot just close enough for him to hear what was happening.

Asgore knocked on the door. The faint of kids screaming inside were heard for a bit.

"Go away, Dreemur" a familiar voice rang from behind the door.

Guess she could tell now just by how the kids reacted, the skeleton thought.

"Tori..." the goat started.

"Don't 'Tori' me, Dreemur!"

"Toriel, please. I just want to talk"

"Talk about what you did to my child?!"

"I'm sorry! Just please, open up"

There was a bit of silence before the door opened and a familiar goat lady came out. She had dark circles under her eyes, practically from her crying. Yet, to Sans, she still was as beautiful as the day they actually met in person. She glared at Asgore, obvious hate in her eyes.

"I brought you these" he held out the bouquet to her.

"I'd rather not. Flowey may react on them"

"Oh, okay" he looked down before sighing again. "Toriel, listen, I love you. I don't' want us to be fighting like we did for the past couple of days. I just...I want us to be a family again"

"Our family died a long time ago; I already have a new one to take care of"

"But that family needs a father! It needs someone to be there for them when you need to rest! It needs someone to play games with! It needs someone to pick them up from school and..."

She cut him off. "That place was already taken"

He reeled back in shock. Sans did too. Did Toriel say what he thought she had said?

There was an audible whimper and the goat mother looked down to find Frisk tugging on her dress and hiding behind her, fear in her eyes as she stared at Asgore. Her eyes seemed tired from crying, and her hair was messed up slightly. "Mom..."

"It's alright, Frisk" she pet her head to calm her.

Flowey then showed himself as he wheeled to Frisk's side. He gave his angry face and let out a hiss at Asgore.

"I bet you brought more of that stuff. She wasn't enough, was she? Who you gonna turn next? Me? Frisk? I know you hate Sans and threatened to use brother too!"

"Flowey, calm down" Frisk tried to call him.

"You wanted to turn him because he was in your way, huh? You killed the kids because they were in your way, huh? And now you bring something so pure and innocent into this? You can let me go soulless and turn me into tea, but mark my words, come near my family and you'll regret it! DOUBLE FOR THE BROTHER!"