Regret

"And, there we go, okay, now we just gotta get this into you" Alphys spoke up as she finished adding all seven Soul essences into the artificial Monster Soul. It took quite some time with the kids. Chiwin was the easiest to get, and held onto Amariah for comfort after her extraction. Wyatt was able to go willingly without fear. Alex fainted so it was no issue. Their Souls were currently recovering their lost essence. Now, the Soul was ready.

"Pick up Flowey and put him into the chamber. I'll handle the Soul" Chiwin commanded.

Amariah nodded. The rest of the kids were taking quite some time to recover. Well, most of them. Jenna was fast to do so and was currently trying to resuscitate Alex. The Integrity child picked up the flower and carried him over to the glass tube.

Flowey was excited. Finally, after so long, he was finally coming back to life for good. He was gonna be Asriel again. He could finally hug his family without fear of them finding out and could run freely like he used to. The best part was he could save his sister.

He was set inside the tube, and Chiwin added the Soul beside him. She then closed the door. "Remember, this will work its best if you focus on who you were. Try to hold onto the one thing that meant the most to you. Hold to the emotions tied to it. Don't let them go"

He nodded. He closed his eyes for better focus. He managed to zoom in onto his sister. It was sickening, just seeing her kill again. Yet, he could sense a deep sadness and regret inside. He was gonna help her come back, and make sure she doesn't suffer again.

She then gave the signal for Undyne and Alphys to start the machine.

"This may sting a little"

His screams were what awoke Alex that night. There was a blinding light to go along with it, and everyone had to shield their eyes to avoid it. Most of the kids just ducked under the tables for cover.

"I CAN SEE EVERYTHING!" Undyne cheered.

Alphys had to tackle her and avert her eyes to avoid letting the Captain burn her retinas. Flowey's screams were just excruciating. They couldn't help but feel sorry for him. In order for him to get his body back, he had to go through extreme pain. They were only glad the Lab was far from the venue of the Prom and Toriel wasn't present.

Jenna's walky-talky sounded off and she had to use headphones to drown out the scream before answering. "How's the diversion going?"

While Alphys had tried to extract some Justice from a scared Zed, they had gotten a call from Sans about what was going on at the Prom. Turns out Chara and Gaster were killing guests there. It was mostly just the venue hotel's staff, but it was alarming. They found piles of dust and an occasional body. Right now, they couldn't even enjoy the event as they had to keep a close eye on the killers.

"3, that's the amount of people that Frisk and I have saved, barely" Sans emphasized the last word. "How much longer?"

She looked over and put the headset out enough for an ear to listen. The light was still there, and Chiwin was just panicking while yelling instructions to Undyne and Alphys. Then, there was a small fire.

"UNDYNE, PUT IT OUT!" she yelled.

"I think we're close"

=======================================================

"Oh Chara!" Gaster called out. "Come here, dearest!"

"Dearest, huh?" a voice sneered from behind him.

He turned around before smirking. "Frisk Dreemur, what a coincidence. Have you seen my little darling Chara anywhere? I let her play a little distance off so she could get some LV needed for the proceedings and some freedom, but it seems I lost track of her at one point in the crowd. Are all children with the Determination Trait like this?"

"Why do you do this?" she growled.

"I care about her safety. She's not mad, but I worry if she's found out. Can't have her expelled now, would I?"

"No, why do you want her to kill? What would that solve? I'm the one who picked up the knife, but why is she killing on her own accord now?"

"Why, it's for what we need. Machines each have a different way of reacting. I knew she wouldn't be strong enough for the process with only 5LV on her, so I had to let her take out her anger on other things. She did enjoy all those hit-men though"

"You know what I think?" she gritted her teeth. "I think you were taking advantage of her. It seemed rather easy, right? I hurt her and she was suffering from her sacrifice so you just swopped in when she was least vulnerable. It served you, gained you sympathy enough for her to obey you"

He only smirked as he walked a bit closer to her. She knew she was right. It was wrong of her to judge Chara and condemn her to all those lies, but he had no right to take advantage of her vulnerability.

"And here I always thought you were the nice one, and you had a heart deep down. Guess I was wrong" Gaster whispered the last part. "Chara will blossom without you"

Frisk could only watch him walk by.

============================================================

Finally, the light had died down and the screams had ceased. Everyone was still cowering behind in their hiding places before Chiwin decided to step forward to see if they were successful. Amariah soon trailed behind for her safety.

"Flowey? Asriel? Are you okay?" she called out.

There was no response.

She was getting worried. As the smoke cleared up, both children made it over to the tube that once contained the trapped one. In his place was a pile of dust.

Alex fainted again at the sight.

Chiwin gulped. "Well...guess we better fire up the Determination again"

Before they could react, the dust suddenly began to move again as the artificial Soul hovered above it. The dust began to swirl around the Soul as though it were a mini-tornado before finally settling down as it took form.

Asriel screamed as he took a big gulp of air with his new lungs. He kept taking down deep breaths as he tried to calm down. He then looked around before looking at his paws. He felt them with his face, pulling his ears to the front to see if they were real. Tears streamed down his face as he realized what happened.

"I'M ALIVE!"

Alex, who had come to, fainted again.

"Chiwin, you are officially the most terrifying person I know" Amariah gaped.