The Skeleton's Tale

There were many things Sans had seen in his entire lifetime. There were things he loved, hated, wished he could've taken back, and learned from. He had wished that he could've gone back to undo the mistakes, but he didn't hold the power to do so. Then again, he knew it would only hurt other people's lives.

For starters, everything was perfectly fine when he was born. He came into the world and his father and mother loved him dearly. The parents expected big things out of him. The day he was born brought some light into their world.

"What are we gonna call him, honey?" Lucida asked her husband.

"Sans, his name is Comic Sans" Gaster smiled at the little bundle of love in his wife's arms.

Sans was rather smart for his age and proved to take after his father. He excelled most in science and mathematics, though also had a sense of humor by throwing bad puns any chance he got. He seemed rather sociable, able to carry a conversation and make a few friends at school. When his magic began to manifest, it seemed that it mostly was his mother's.

"Great pattern, Sans! You're doing great!" Lucida cheered her son on as he shot bones at the target in their backyard. His mother watched from a safe distance as the little one practiced his magic.

Gaster smiled as he came out of the house wearing a pair of safety goggles and his lab coat. "He seems well on his way"

"And now, for my special attack!" the skeleton cried out.

Both parents waited to see what their child had. It was too early for him to have a special attack just yet. Sure, he was now good with magic, but a special attack at this age would be remarkable. They both waited and watched. Yet, after a few seconds, still nothing happened.

"Yeah, it's nothing! That way, it's always my turn and they can't move anymore!"

Both stared before erupting in laughter. The skeleton then giggled as well, nearly falling back down from how hard he was laughing.

"On the plus side, atleast I tickled your 'funny bone'!"

"Sans, if you can't be a scientist, you may be able to excel as a comedian" Gaster choked from laughter.

Of course, not everything had gone rather well soon after. The Humans were able to seal the Monsters Underground. For the family of skeletons, they had moved to the area of Hotland for Gaster's job as the Royal Scientist. Gaster had been absorbed in his work, barely having time for the family soon after. Sans and Lucida were really worried. And just when they nearly lost hope, Lucida had given birth to another child.

"Papyrus...his name is Papyrus" Lucida breathed her last.

The birth of Papyrus, Lucida died. It was a sad turn of events for them all. Yet, Gaster was able to juggle the schedule of caring for the newborn and staying in the Lab. He had help from Sans, of course. It seemed that the firstborn just knew how to deal with toddlers.

Often, the King would come over to see the works in person. It was then the children met him. Papyrus found the ears very fluffy and wanted to play with them all the time. Sans seemed intrigued when he heard about something called the Royal Judge. It was then Asgore asked what he wanted to be when he grew up.

"Anything your sweet heart desires, little one"

"I wanna be a Royal Judge, or Scientist!" the skeleton chirped.

"Oh, how precious" Asgore chuckled, patting his head. "Perhaps you can be"

It wasn't long before Pap began to try and talk and walk. He stumbled a bit, but was determined to keep trying. He still had yet to be potty trained, but it was nice to see progress. If anything, he seemed a lot like his mother.