Confrontation

Sans drank down the ketchup as he sat in his usual spot at Grillby's On the Surface. It was just like the one back in Snowdin, but this time it was with a different name and had some more space. The other regular comers were also present.

Sans was just sick of the whole thing. Ever since an incident from last week happened, he was just hiding out there while trying to avoid the Six Human Souls and being spotted. He was just fed up. He hated Asgore now with a fury that he once had with Chara when she was still a Genocidal maniac.

"Sans?"

He turned around and smiled to see who it was. "Hehe, speak of the demon"

She giggled at the pun before he gestured her to take her usual spot beside him, which she did. She found him a few days ago, but he was alright with having a friend to talk to.

"The usual for her, Grillby" he told the manager.

He nodded before going off the get it. He then began to share his usual puns with her, and she kept returning them. They were just enjoying each other's company before he they went to a little more serious talk.

"So, how's it been for you?" she asked as she popped a fry in her mouth.

"Meh, the usual, Papyrus just thinks I'm going back to being lazy. What about you?"

"Perfectly horrid" she shivered.

"Because of Asgore or Frisk?"

"Both, if I'm being completely honest. He keeps trying to get me to call him 'Dad' again while she is just so mad that she kicked me out of our room. I'm just glad the girls had a spare bed and the boys let Flowey in"

He sighed. "She's really pissed, huh?"

She nodded. "But enough about me. I want to help you"

He pretended to not know what she meant. "I'm fine, kiddo"

"You're not. Sans, I've known you since we were kids and even when I was dead I still saw you. I know when you're sad or upset. And I miss seeing you around the house, so do the others. Mom does the most"

He looked down. "Chara..."

"Sans, please. I know you miss her to. Whatever Asgore did, you have to do something about it"

He sighed. This was old Chara, alright. She really cared a lot back then and now she does now. She still knew how to read him. It was true. He missed being at Toriel's place, both to see the kids and see her. Still, he was afraid of what would happen if he did go there.

Putting the bill on his tab, he and Chara walked out of the establishment. She wanted to go with him to his place for a little time together. He tried to pry her off, but she refused. He knew there was no use resisting this girl. She still had her DETERMINATION and it was as strong as Frisk's.

"BROTHER, I NEED YOU TO COME UPSTAIRS NOW! IT'S URGENT!" Papyrus yelled when the skeleton and demon entered the house.

He picked up his brother and ran upstairs as Chara trailed behind. When they got to his room, the younger skeleton set him down on his bed as the demon tried to catch her breath. He then pulled out a recording from a camera.

"THIS WAS FROM TORIEL ON THE DAY YOU LAST SAW HER! SHE WAS CRYING SO MUCH!"

He immediately grabbed a recorder player and let it play. "Sans is a sweet and kind man, and a lovely gentleman. He has given me comfort in my times of need and has done so much for my family. I'm the one who doesn't deserve such a man. I love Sans"