Meant to Be

Well, that went pretty well for all of them. And by well, I mean not so well. Aida had become part of the Dreemur family after she was found in Chara and Frisk's room. The half-demon knew that there was no stopping this robot since she even teleported just to find her way back to her so she let her stay.

Aida had begun to stay in her rabbit form most of the time and acted like the pet of the family. She only ever came into human form when necessary, like helping in chores. It was clear that she always wanted to be by Chara's side. She always stayed near the half-demon, unless she was told not to. She was a bit like a third wheel in Chara and Frisk's relationship.

"Okay, Aida, how about you stay in that empty seat right there?" Toriel offered on the day the robot came with them. They were just having pie.

"Isn't that Flowey's usual post?" Frisk asked, looking around in case the flower was nearby so as to avoid a confrontation.

"I'm pretty sure the little one wouldn't mind"

The robot climbed up and sat down. "This spot is perfect" she looked to her side, where Chara was. "Because I wish to always be by her side"

Chara sighed again, but gave a faint smile to not hurt her feelings, in case she advanced enough to have any. Hey, if this thing was advanced enough to learn teleport and several other attacks only those with Souls could do, then how long before it becomes advanced enough to have actual feelings and emotions?

Frisk stood up. "Aida!"

"Is there a problem?" the robot asked, seemingly worried.

"Frisk, relax, you heard what Alphys said" Chara tried to calm her down.

Reluctantly, she calmed down. Of course, the robot still had that issue where she says her highest priority was to be with her. She never did anything flirty, acting more like a guard. It was good that she was in rabbit form rather than human so as to avoid any conflicts. Frisk soon just lived with it, as long as she didn't try anything.

Alphys tried to see if there was anything wrong in her system, but there wasn't any. She was perfectly fine. Why she stays with Chara, she had yet to learn. She did find that she had installed some sort of 'Meant to Be Couples' system in her. This thing allows Aida to see everything about one person, who belongs with whom and how to get one to settle down with their meant to be significant other. It also allows her to see if there were any mismatches.

"Are Chara and I okay then?" Frisk asked nervously one day. She held onto her girlfriend's hand, and she was doing the same.

She seemed to be processing data after scanning before speaking again. "Analysis Complete: Frisk Dreemur and Chara Dreemur. Genders: Both female. How they met: In the Underground when Frisk fell down and Chara became part of her. Species of each: Frisk, Human; Chara, Half-demon, Half-Human. Soul Traits: Frisk, Determination; Chara, Determination. Status: Official Couple, Currently Dating. Results: Meant to Be"

They both let out a sigh of relief before squealing and hugging each other. They were so happy to hear that they were perfect for each other. Now if anyone says their relationship is wrong, atleast they have proof that it's meant to be. And if anyone tries to tear them apart, well, this robot will not let them without a fight.

Oh right, Alphys also installed a 'Couple Protection System' in her. From the name, you can just guess what that means. Then again, it's not like Aida had a choice with how much she values Chara. Alphys explained that she installed these types of systems for when she and Undyne were officially dating and need some protection. It kinda backfired now considering how strong Undyne really is and that this little guard rabbit now lives in another household.

"Can you try to scan Sans and mom for us?" Chara asked when the skeleton and goat mother were sharing jokes again at the coffee table.

Aida went over within scanning range and started to analyze data.

"Analysis Complete: Toriel Dreemur and Sans the Skeleton. Genders: Toriel, Female; Sans, Male. How they met: Indirectly, Sans found the Ruins' door and started to practice knock-knock jokes on it when Toriel answered and they started sharing jokes since then. Directly, they met when they met up in the Underground Castle. Species of each: Toriel, goat lady; Sans, Skeleton. Soul Traits: Toriel, Love; Sans, Love. Status: Friends. Results: Meant to Be"

"Then that means we have to get them together" Frisk told Chara, who then nodded in agreement.

"Understood. Initiating Confession Sequence..." Aida began to walk towards them.

Chara was quick to stop her. "No! No. We should just let them tell each other. They'll do it eventually"

"Understood"

The girls sighed in relief. Chara seemed to be the only one who Aida would obey no questions asked.

"We really gotta teach her to be atleast a little human. That way, she can understand them and their feelings"

"Won't that mean she would try and think its love that she's protecting you?"

"Impossible. Even I cannot disrupt the connection between two mutual lovers. To do so, I would go against my programming"

"See? Frisk, you even helped Mettaton feel human by letting him feel and even Flowey came back for being soulless. What's more if we could do the same for a little matchmaking, shape-shifting, protective robot?"

"Initiating disruption sequence..."

"Don't!"

"What's going on, my children?" Toriel asked when she suddenly approached them.

"Nothing, mom!" they both spoke at once.

"They were fighting" Aida spoke up.

"No!" Chara immediately ran up and held the robot by the shoulders. Did I mention she was in human form at that time? "No. We weren't fighting, Aida. It was just a discussion"

"Was it, Chara?" Toriel asked.

"It was, mom, really!" Frisk spoke up.

"Come on, Aida. Weren't we supposed to go and get you checked by Alphys now? I bet she's worried" the half-demon tried to get the robot out of this.

"Understood, please take me to her now"

"Alright, change into your rabbit form and we'll go"

"Command Integrated"

As the girl changed her form, the half-demon waved. "Bye, Frisk! I love you!"

"I love you too"

Chara picked up Aida as soon as she was in rabbit form and carried her out of the house. Toriel thought it was adorable, but Frisk thought otherwise.

"Oh come on, kiddo" Sans spoke as he ruffled her hair a little. "Don't tell me that you're having a 'hop' due to the new arrival"

Toriel giggled at the joke.

Frisk didn't answer as she walked off. "I'll be at the computer"

The skeleton and goat mother watched her go.

"Still having an issue with the new resident, huh?"

"There's no 'kidding' around" Toriel winked.