One Last Dance

Chara was hard to get a hold of. As soon as Gaster found her, she mostly stuck by his side. Frisk tried to see if she could bring the demon back to her senses when the waltz dance began to play. There was a point in which they had to be with one partner, and then switch off with another. She was able to get to the girl in time.

Chara was surprised to see her straight in the eye, but didn't seem to fight back. They just danced along to the music. Soon, the fans all noticed and were squealing in delight to see their OTP on the dance floor. Some even paused to take a picture. Frisk then noticed that something seemed to glimmer in Chara's eye. It was like the scene had stirred something within her. Before she could get a hold of it, the song had ended and she fled.

Finally, the awarding ceremony came, and Frisk and Chara were crowned King and Queen of the Prom. The former took the King while the latter took the Queen. The fans looked as though they were gonna die any moment now from the Shipping. It seemed to set something off in the demon. It was like she was starting to feel something.

They lost her again as she fled with Gaster out of the room. Yet, Frisk and Sans were right on their trail. They managed to find them in the boiler room right below the Gym. They were shocked at what was put there.

In the center of the room was a large device. It had a huge screen above, and a control panel with several different switches below. In the center was a glass tube, connected to the screen.

"Step away from the bomb" Frisk commanded.

"Oh, this is no bomb, young Ambassador" Gaster smirked. "This is just a little something dearest and I had whipped up. Once she steps inside and the machine is in administration, it will scramble for her memories of all the Genocides and return them to the owners upstairs. Those are bombs"

He then began to explain. Chara needed the extra LV due to the nature of the machine itself. Once activated, this will root into her mind to find the memories of the Genocide Routes, and then give the memories back to those who had it corrupted. They would all remember what really happened. It was going to be an extremely painful process, even needing to take some LV from the demon herself to work. But with so many Monsters being the victims and how she knew all their deaths, it meant it was deadly.

"It's going to kill her?" Frisk gaped.

Gaster looked over to her. "What do you care?"

========================================================

Chara looked out the balcony solemnly. She gazed into the dark abyss of night as the stars twinkled. She had promised to Sans that he would get to see them one day, and she was happy when that promise was fulfilled. It was funny that things seemed to be their most beautiful only when it's near the end.

"Chara" Gaster called to her.

She turned to him. "Yes?"

"You are fully aware of what may happen to you in this process, correct?"

She nodded. "I died once. It's not so bad"

He nodded as she came back to his side as he turned to Sans and Frisk. "I told her myself. Of course I would not suggest this without her full knowledge on the matter"

"She's only like that because you collared her!" Frisk yelled. "And HATE makes her mind fuzzy and ill! That's not her thinking, it's just that Hate and collar!"

Gaster raised an eyebrow. "Alright, how about a bet? I'll remove the HATE from her system and we'll see if she is only acting as such due to its influence or not. If she is, she's going back to you. If not, I don't see how she would like it with you"

Sans and Frisk both glanced at each other. They didn't know where that offer came from but the latter wasn't too crazy about his mind throwing that idea out of his mouth for verbalizing it. Frisk knew Chara was brainwashed. There was no other chance.

"Deal"

Gaster nodded as Chara turned to face him. He then removed the collar from her neck to assure there was no cheating. Chara then summoned her Soul out. He put one hand on her head while the other rested beneath her Soul. He then mumbled what sounded like a chant under his breath before Chara let out a cry of pain. It was ear-piercing and hurt them all very much to see her in such agony. Yet, they couldn't do anything.

She then bended backwards slightly, almost falling over as he towered over her and his hand began to lift from her head. The HATE from her Soul then circled around the heart before he caught it with one hand, pressing it against the other before it disappeared into dust.

Chara then fell to the ground with a low thud.

"Chara!" Frisk cried as she ran to the demon. She held her closely and tried to find any sign of life on her. She was breathing, and soon let out a cough before opening her eyes.

Frisk gave her a kind smile as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear. She expected her girlfriend to smile and hug her, but she didn't. She began to squirm to try and get out of her grasp as though she were a worm. The human tried to get her to calm down, thinking she was probably having aftermath, but the girl was finally able to break free and crawled as fast as she could out of her reach.

"Sans!" she cried out as she made her way over to the skeleton. He rushed over to her and kneeled to her eye level. She then lunged and buried her face into his jacket, suddenly sobbing loudly. That confused everyone, even Gaster.

"I'm sorry...Sans...I tried to stop her...but she..." she choked out.

"There, there, Chara. It'll be alright" he assured her.

"Chara..." Frisk tried to reach to her.

She glanced before letting out a yelp and holding onto Sans. "No! Don't touch me! Stay away!"

"Chara, it's me, Frisk"

"I know! I'm not crazy, Frisk! I remember everything now..." she looked down as she teared up. "Mom...Pap...Undyne...Mettaton...Sans...Dad...Azzie...RESET..."

They now understood what was going on. HATE gave her spunk and bravery when she was weak and vulnerable from the major revelation. With it gone, she just had a complete meltdown. She was scared of Frisk. The trauma from the memories was numbed from the HATE, but now it all came back at full force. She no longer saw Frisk as a sweet girl who loved her and she loved back. She only saw her as a monster. Not like the ones she grew up with in the Underground, but a true, merciless, murderous monster.