The Queen and the Sentry

"He seems really nice" Sans told Toriel.

Currently, the skeleton and goat were in the former's living room. Toriel asked if she could come over to spend some time with him, he agreed. Papyrus was out at his job, Gaster was having a bit of a stroll, Frisk and the other children were being watched by Undyne and Alphys. The only other occupants in the house were Asriel and Chara, but both were in the guest bedroom.

Asriel had been staying at the Skelebro's home for the past few weeks. It worried Toriel and the others when they thought Flowey may have disappeared to go and hide or wallow about his sister. He had been staying in the guest bedroom with Chara in a sleeping bag. He was trying to see if he could get a reaction out of her by being there. She made small movements every now and then but wouldn't come out completely. There was that one time when he woke up to find her with him in the sleeping bag and hugging him. 

Now, the skeleton and goat had been talking to each other for quite the long time. They often exchanged the occasional joke, sending both into a fit of laughter each time. It had gotten to the point where they began to discuss their lives when they were young and up until the point where they met.

It had saddened each other to hear what tragedies had happened to each of them, both at a young age and at a recent time. It distressed Toriel when Sans had confessed he remembered the timelines but was too scared to say a word about it out of fear of what Frisk would do. He got a clearer view of what Asgore was like before all this and sympathized with her.

"He was kind and caring once. It broke my heart to see that he turned into the man he is now" she sighed. "I was afraid after I fled from the castle. He wouldn't be able to find me in the Ruins, but it was troubling to see how he became capable of murdering children"

The Six Humans didn't really suffer so quietly. Jenna had fought long and hard to try and escape Asgore, but he finally brought her down with a quick spear in the head. Wyatt was trekking through Snowdin when he encountered the King on a stroll; he was weakened by hypothermia and the end came for him. Amariah was dancing about in Waterfall before running for her life and met her end when she got tangled up in a mesh of vines. Chiwin had come with the ballerina and tried to escape but was caught. Out of the rest, she had the worst death. For a smarty, she survived longest but her whole experience became traumatic, ending with a trident in her chest. Alex overheated in Hotland and became an easy target when he couldn't jump off the platforms from another vent anymore. Zed was quicker, but was caught by Undyne.

"When I was told of their deaths, I couldn't believe it. He had even left them in limbo for how long their Souls were trapped in those Soul Jars. They couldn't pass on. They were so scared, so frightened, and so alone" she looked down. "I was scared of the man I thought I knew. That was another reason I was hiding, Sans. I was afraid that if I ever loved again, they may turn out to be just the same as him. I didn't wish that for my children. I wouldn't want them to go through that same pain ever again"

Sans took a deep breath. He had to do this now. She was so afraid. She trusted him, but he had to show he could help her more.

"Tori..."

She looked up to him.

"I get you are scared by what happened in the past. I understand how much you want the best not just for you but the kids. And I'm going to say this" he took a deep breath. "I like you, Toriel. I love every part of you. Your graceful figure, your selfless side, how much you care for those around you. We met indirectly, but I felt a connection between us. And I felt it strengthen when we first met in the Throne room. When the RESETs happened, I worried about what would happen to you. I was afraid of telling you all this, but I hated to see you so miserable. I want to be your strength. I want to be there to help you through all this crazy"

Toriel seemed at a loss for words. Sans had confessed his feelings for her. She could tell he was sincere about it just by the growing blue blush on his face. He seemed scared as he fumbled with his hoodie and looked down.

Sans was growing worse in fear as Toriel brought his face up to meet hers. He studied her features. She was smiling warmly down at him with that same smile when they first directly met. Before he could react, she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his. At this point, he looked like a blueberry. He tensed up a bit before relaxing and returning the kiss.

Both felt their Souls resonate within each other, entwined together in a string of pure love. It wasn't LOVE, or LV. It was just...love.

They reluctantly pulled away for air, both enjoying the experience. They stared into each other's eyes. Toriel sported a red blush in contrast to Sans' blue. They held each other's hands.

"I love you too, Sans"

Neither were aware that a certain goat boy was watching from the stairs.

============================================================

"They kissed! They're in love!" Asriel squealed, laughing so hard that he fell on the bed, clutching his stomach.

He was back in the room with Chara, telling her about what he had seen. He put her in a position where she was sitting up, leaning against the wall and he was on the opposite end. She seemed blank but he could feel a tinge of excitement in her.

"Oh, I can't wait! Soon, they're gonna be dating, then kissing, and before we know it, mom's bringing our new dad home!"

He calmed down before checking her again. It was very faint, but judging from how her lips moved, he thought he heard her whisper.

"...promise..."