Gone Downhill

"What do you mean you can't do anything?" Frisk asked frantically.

Alphys shook her head as her own pity showed. "No, I tried everything I could. But the HATE was already deep in her system and I can't get it out, even by extraction. I'm sorry"

They had just taken Chara over to Alphys' Lab. If anyone knew what could be done to HATE, it was her. She had Chara checked and ran some tests to see if there was any chance that she could take it out before it caused some real damage. It was probably a good thing that the amount of HATE she was injected with was a huge amount because it acted like a sedative and she didn't wake up the entire time.

But now, their worst fears were just confirmed. The HATE already got into her system and it couldn't be removed anymore. There was no hope now. Alphys even tried the Extraction Machine, but to no avail. That meant one thing: When she wakes up, welcome back Demon of Genocide.

Toriel was furious when she found that Asgore was the one who did this to her daughter, and even initially intended it to be for Sans. She sent him away and told him to never come back. He left reluctantly as the Six Human Souls all glared at him, FIGHT weapons ready. She then broke down and cried as Sans tried his best to comfort her for her new loss. Flowey was having a fit as Papyrus tried his best to calm him down.

Frisk took a deep breath and did her best to smile through the hurt. She walked over to the room where Chara was in. She peeked in through the viewing pane and saw her. She was sleeping on a bed, restraints on her arms and legs for safety. Her black Soul was kept in a glass container out of her reach. There was a wire on her arm hooked up to a machine that showed her heartbeat.

She was so near, and yet so far away. She could feel tears creep into her eyes. Yes, she was mad at her about the thing with Aida. Yes, she kicked her out of their room. Yes, she ignores her unless it had something to do with operation Toriel-Sans. But still, she never wanted to see her in this state.

Alphys could tell she was sad. She felt disappointed in herself. She couldn't SAVE her. Undyne was beside her and she reassured her about it.

"Hey, you did what you could. It's not your fault" she spoke to her.

She looked down before walking off. "I...I h-have t-to go and check something. B-be right back"

Undyne nodded as she saw her off. She then walked over to Frisk and put a hand on her shoulder. "It's not your fault, punk"

"I think it is. I was angry at her. I even called her that one name she hated. But I didn't mean for something like this"

The fish lady got confused. "What do you mean?"

Alphys finally came back. "Frisk"

The girl in question turned to her.

"Someone wants to see you"

==================================================

Despite her current mood, Frisk was angry. No, she was pissed. Okay, practically both. As she stood infront of a door she was led to, all she could think of right now was how angry she was at who occupied the room. She normally was able to control her anger and give everyone a second chance, but right now, her mind was all a mess.

"Frisk, please" Alphys spoke as gentle as can be, knowing that she already had a lot on her plate. "Aida just wants to see you"

"I don't really want to"

"I-I tried to convince her o-of that too, but she wouldn't stop. And resistance is futile with her. I should know; I made her"

Frisk sighed. "Fine, open the door"