Past Sins

It took some time for Chara to finally calm down. By then, she was clinging onto Gaster for comfort. She soon parted to get herself ready for the machine and left the group. Gaster didn't dare put the collar back on her or give her back the HATE. She didn't want it for now.

"It would also be easier for the memories to be found that way" he elaborated.

HATE was a very potent Trait, fueled by anger and hatred itself, but it has another side. They always thought it was what drove consumers insane and fill their hearts and Souls with darkness. But that was not the case. It only allows them to be stronger, and show nearly no mercy. It makes them braver and willing to kill. Once it's gone, the user will return to normal.

Chara had fled down to the boiler room, standing infront of the machine that may kill her. She thought deeply about it now that her mind was a little clearer. She supposed it wouldn't matter if she decided not to pull through. It was better to die and let everyone know the truth than to live forever under a lie. Her only regret was that she wished she could've seen it sooner.

"Chara"

She flinched when she heard a familiar voice. She turned around and she couldn't believe her eyes. Asriel stood before her. He was slightly taller now, small horns starting to grow out of his head. His emerald eyes shone with life. His snow white fur was pure as ever. He wore a black suit and tie with black pants.

"Azzie..." she gaped as she stared at her brother.

"Hey, buddy"

She felt her tears rise up. She missed her brother so much and seeing him back in his true form than just a flower really hurt. She just wanted to hug him and never let him go again. Still, she had to be wary. "Is this Frisk's trump card? Well, it won't work. I know you're still dead, and bringing you back would mean you'll be indebted to her for the rest of your life"

"I'm not here to talk you out of it"

"Well, that's rich" she forced a smile through her tears. "Did you come to watch me almost blow myself into oblivion?"

"Chara, it's okay"

"I'm not gonna stop with this plan" her voice was breaking now.

"We don't need you to stop"

Chara looked at him. He was telling the truth. Asriel never lied to her. "Then what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see my sister one last time" he bit back tears.

Chara hesitated for a bit before she went and hugged her brother tightly. They shared a tearful embrace. Neither wanted to let go, but they had to soon. She might die today, but atleast she got to be with her brother one last time.

"Azzie...I'm so sorry...this all my fault...I..."

"Shh, it's okay, Chara. It's not your fault. We would've never thought it would happen. None of us did"

===========================================================

Frisk was absolutely livid. "When I had you brought back, I needed your help to get Chara to come back to us!"

"Well, I did check her before I spoke. There's no brainwashing whatsoever on her. If anyone's done any brainwashing, it's you! You took her life from her, and you still expect me to side with you?" Asriel stared at Frisk in disbelief.

"And you would side with a girl who was willing to kill humans?"

The goat stared at her for a moment before taking his Soul out. He then took a Soul Jar out of his pocket before he used it on the Soul. He bit his lip as he tried to suppress his screams. His vines and petals were coming back.