Mistrust and Deceit

"...and that's how Monsters have magic" Toriel finished reading the section to Chiwin.

The girl's eyes sparkled from the new information given to her. "Whoa! That is so cool!"

"I'm glad you liked it, dearie" the goat mother gently pat the head of the little girl, making her giggle before fixing her glasses.

All of the Six Human Souls were playing around the house. Chiwin, as mentioned, was sitting on Toriel's lap as the goat mother read her a book on Monsters, specifically the chapter about how they have magic. Jenna was looking out the window every now and then to keep an eye out for 'danger' while also trying to put a puzzle game together. Amariah was practicing ballet as she tried to copy the movements made by the people on the video she was watching. Wyatt was trying to draw on a sleeping Sans' face but was being blocked by Zed while Alex was in the kitchen, cooling the new brownies he baked.

The only ones who weren't in the house were Frisk, Chara, and Aida. Frisk was out playing with Monster Kid while Chara and Aida were out on a stroll for some air and showing the robot around the city. Flowey was by a window, getting sunshine and occasionally speaking with Jenna.

"Even you hate him, huh?" the Patience child asked the flower.

"Yup, you?"

"Why wouldn't I? He killed me, and several others living in here, and one other was almost killed! I can still feel the trident from his attack!" she shuddered from the thought. "I'm surprised mom gave him a chance"

"I feel you. He almost turned me into Golden Flower Tea before he realized I was alive!"

"Seriously?"

"He couldn't see my face at first"

They both shared a little giggle before she spoke again. "But, be honest with me: Would you prefer Sans to be our new dad?"

"Didn't you hear me back at the meeting?"

"Right" she nodded.

"I mean, look at what the competition is all about! Asgore killed literally almost everyone in here atleast once, while Sans here kept his word when he promised to protect Frisk. Yes, he almost got me and Chara, but we made up!"

"I see what you mean" she turned to see Chiwin with Toriel as she continued to listen to their mother. "Chi here sure is more of a child, really, than all of us"

"Let her be. She's the one who took her death the hardest. She can't even look at a picture of him without freaking out"

"Point proven" she sighed before taking her binoculars again and looking around.

"On the plus side, she's like the Human version of Alphys considering she made that from scrap" the flower mused.

Jenna managed a smile before turning back to her task. Her eyes darted around to look at all her surroundings. Nothing unusual. Left...flowerbed. Right...birds making a nest. Top...Asgore in her face. Down...spider on the grass. Wait WHAT?!

She brought her binoculars up again as she came up face-to-face with two ruby-red eyes. She slowly put them down before looking to see if it was true. Oh the horror! She gulped as she turned paler than a ghost.

"Oh, hello there! Jenna, right?" the Monster gave a friendly smile to her.

Regardless, she grabbed the window shade from above and pulled it down as fast as she could before yelling at the top of her lungs. "ENEMY IN SIGHT! ENEMY IN SIGHT! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

At her alarm, the Six Human Souls just went into a frenzy to get away. They all bounded up immediately and ran upstairs to make their 'fort'. Flowey just made a run for it using the wheels again while Toriel took a deep breath before regaining herself from what happened.