Returning to Sanity

It scared the skeletons in the house when Chara finally moved. Well, it was mostly because it wasn't a good type. The point was, she was screaming out of control and throwing herself at the walls. Sans managed to hold her down and danger-proof the whole room, but she still wouldn't calm down.

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW!" she yelled as she rammed into the wall once more.

The sight disturbed even Gaster. "Can someone tell me how did this happen?"

"Don't look at me. We were sleeping and in the dead of night, I wake up to hear her screaming"

Gaster nodded as he tried to ignore how Chara attempted to break the windows. "I'm thankful for the protection you added on them"

He nodded. "I just don't get it. She was a complete doll just yesterday, barely even paying attention when she was being fed. Then she turns into a tornado. What next?"

"Perhaps she's reenacting what she's going through in the mind. I've heard that some humans may often do so in their journey to recovery and return to sanity. It's as though here in the physical world, they are acting insane. But in their mind, they are battling their adversaries. She may be perhaps fighting her demons in her mind. It may be best to allow her to stay there for now until she has calmed down"

"Hopefully she finds her way out then"

"Indeed"

Sans sighed. Lots of things were already on his mind and now his houseguest has lost it. He only hoped she would win the battle for her mind soon. "So, why'd you do it?"

"Hmm?"

"You didn't put her collar back on after the fireworks and you didn't even put up a fight when we went here"

"I already knew the consequences for treating one as a lower being and not caring for them. I will not repeat the same mistake" he then turned back to Sans. "I did so many terrible things to you and your brother when you were little after the Underground began to lose hope when the Prince and Princess died. I know I cannot undo them. I only wish I realized what I had done sooner"

"Well, not everything you've done was bad. Some kinda made us stronger"

"I left you with only 1HP and a glowing blue Bad Eye"

"Well" the skeleton then grabbed an eyepatch and made his Bad Eye glow before applying it. "Guess you could say I got it 'patched' up and I feel rather 'sansational'"

Gaster held back the urge to laugh by covering his mouth as Papyrus groaned in annoyance from downstairs.

"SANS! NO PUNS WHILE OUR FATHER IS HERE! I'M ENRAGED..."

"Hello, Enraged" Gaster chuckled. "I'm Dadster"

Papyrus groaned louder. "DAD, NO"

"Dad, yes"

Sans chuckled before hearing something else inside the room. Gaster seemed to notice as his elder son peeked through the door before rushing inside. He then peeked in as well. His eyes widened at the sight.

Chara was being held by her wrists from behind as Sans tried to patch up incisions made on her arms. She kept yelling and kicking about, trying to break free as her voice choked with tears.

"Let me die! I want to die!"

=====================================================

"So, you mean to tell me you knew where she was all along?" Flowey growled. He had been brought over by Papyrus upon Sans' asking. The taller skeleton only did so on the account that 'his brother is so lazy he can't even pick up a flower'.