Personal Patient

Sans sighed as he went back to his and Pap's house. It was nice to be with Toriel. He had to. It was what his best friend would've wanted. He glanced at the clock and read it to be 12:00 Noon. He had some ketchup and mixed up some oatmeal in a bowl as well as bringing along a spoon and a cup of water. He climbed up the stairs and headed down the hallway. He passed by his own room and headed over to the third one at the end of the hall. He gave a small knock.

"Knock, knock"

No answer.

"Huh, tough crowd. Hope ya don't mind if I come in"

No answer.

He nodded before turning the knob and looking inside. This room was a guest room in case of such situations. It was a nice brown walled room with a white bed and pillow and blanket present. There was an empty closet as well and a window in case they need air.

On the bed, staring at the window was a familiar human girl. She didn't move an inch from where she sat. Her back was turned to her host as she stared out. She had but a blank stare, as though in deep thought.

"Hey, bud. Just came to check on you. How you feeling today?"

She continued to stare at the window.

"Not good from what I can tell"

She barely moved as he pulled up a chair and sat infront of her. He put the glass of water down on the nightstand and mixed the oatmeal slightly until he was sure it was ready. Now that he was infront of her, he got a good look. She wore a white shirt under a yellow jacket and a pair of shorts. Her red eyes had faded to grey. The natural blush on her cheeks seemed to fade.

"So, you feel like you can do it yourself or do I have to play daddy again?"

The silence and lack of movement gave him the answer. He gently pried her mouth open and put a spoon of oatmeal in before shutting it and making her swallow. He repeated this process until it was all gone and helped her drink down the water from the Sippy cup.

======================================================

"Sans..." Chara choked out as she coughed up one last bit of buttercup.

He sighed in relief. "It's gonna be okay, Chara, it's gonna be okay. I got you. Everything will be alright"

He picked her up and carried her as though she were his own. It alarmed him when he noticed that she seemed to weigh close to nothing. He had wrapped his coat around her to keep her warm as he left the venue. Yet, when she noticed where he was going, she began to whimper as she buried her face into his chest.

"Hey, I thought the jacket was enough to keep you warm" he chuckled.

She shook her head.

"What is it?"

"I don't wanna go back...please Sans..." her muffled whimpers were heard as her tears stained his blouse. "Don't leave me with...her...please..."

He understood, taking a turn and heading back to his own home. He made sure she was comfortable and well before leaving her. She asked if he could keep her company for the night, as she feared that Frisk would RESET after the night was gone and didn't wish to be alone if that occurred. He complied.

The next morning, he found her in her new catatonic state.

==============================================================

Sans had done this for the past few days since he got her. She had been unresponsive since the Prom. He assumed that the trauma was too much and she just locked herself up in her own mind now. He had tried to snap her out of it before, but eventually gave up. He decided for now she was safe here and she would come out of it on her own once she's ready. It hurt to see her like this, and Toriel and the others wouldn't like it either.

Fed, he picked up the dish and cup as he made his way to the door. He gave her one last glance before speaking. "Come out soon, okay?"

He then closed the door and left, leaving his patient to her mind. He walked down the hall and back to the living room as he slumped down on the sofa.

"Well, how is she?" Gaster asked when he noticed the skeleton.

"Still not moving, have to lay her down again when it's night"

He nodded. "Be sure to make sure her eyes close before you put on her eye cap"

"I know"