Ch14: Dreams Feel So Real

Lorcan POV

"Lorcan?" Asked a voice while I was in deep thought with my beloved on the ground dead.

"Go away." I spoke softly.

"Lorcan!" This time it was louder and that was the last straw.

I stood up and snapped at who ever was behind me.

No one was behind me.

"What the fuck?" I was confused.

"Lorcan!" The voice said again.

"Get out of my head!" I yell and drop to my knees again.

Eva POV

I woke with Lorcan moving a lot behind me.

I have to admit.

As much as I love being near him him moving so much is getting really bad. I sit up and see his face scrunched up as I see his eyes are closed.

"Awe, he's asleep." I say as I watch him. His face tenses and relaxes sometimes.

I watch him and then I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he brought me closer like he had to let me go but didn't want to.

"Lorcan?" I question as I see his face go from tense to relaxed then to scared.

"Go away." He whispered.

"Lorcan!" I said a bit louder.

"Get out of my head." He spoke as he started to rock side to side and his head started to snap side to side.

"Lorcan! Wake up!" I spoke loudly and grabbed his face in both hands.

His ice blue eyes snap open and he rolls us to the right so he is on top of me with the blanket like a small room.

He has a snarl upon his lip as the moon shows me his face as I see sweat dripping from his forehead.

"Lorcan?" I ask and see his muscles in his arms are really tense that I think they might just snap.

"Lorcan, calm down." I say and I see his eyes fade to a black then back to blue. My breath is caught in my throat at the sight of him.

I know I should be terrified but its hot from how he looks right about now.

I have been with him only for two days and he knows so much about me already. But this thing is very one sided.

I feel my heart spike as I notice that since all his muscles are flexing I can see his six pack on display and his biceps and fore arms are straining. My cheeks start to heat up and I realized how stupid it is to think of him like that as he is still hovering over me and has a murderous look in his eye.

I also notice that me talking to him is doing nothing right now and me touching him did something so I decide to try it again.

"Lorcan?" I asked as I touch my cold hand to his warm chest as his heart hammers against my palm.

"Your not dead?" He asked like he can't believe it.

"Dead?" I asked with a confused look.

"Lorcan you where dreaming." I said to him. And he started to relax.

"Well, it was more like a nightmare then a dream." He said as he lightly brings his body down to lay next to me.

"Do you have nightmares all the time?" I asked him as I roll over so I can face his beautiful face.

"Well, Eva. Vampires don't have to sleep and when we do its usually not good." He spoke.

"So why don't you guys sleep?" I asked him.

"We are immortal and sleeping is like a mortals way to be in peace." He said to me.

"But since we don't have to sleep its like a cruel joke on us. We have to live through more nightmares then dreams like mortals or humans." He said as he watches me.

"What was the nightmare?" I asked and he goes stiff.

"Don't worry about it." He said as he watches me.

"Your funny. You think I'm going to drop it." I tell him and he looks at me with a sad look.

"Your right. And its probably better if you know now." He said and I heard shifting as he reaches his arm over to me and drags me closer to him.

"I had a dream that I was watching you sleep and I then noticed how long it has been since I fed. I could take the torture of your sweet looking neck and well I... Bit you." He said looking ashamed. I don't stop looking at him.

"I fed off of you and couldn't stop until I heard you say my name and heard how faint you where. I pulled back and stared at you. You almost died because of me." He said and I watched him.

"Then my father was there. He told me that is how my mother died." He said then he look at me and pulled me flush against him.

"He also said that you are my weakness and that you are to be my down fall." He said as I watch his eyes are on me.

"But he also forgot that you are also my strength. After he said that you are my weakness he snapped your neck and... And you went limp." He said as he pulls me closer.

"I don't know what you are doing to me but they are right. Your are my weakness but also my strength." He said as he leans in and kisses me.

"Is that why you were like that when you woke up?" She asked me and I nod.

"I thought that dream was so real. I thought you died." He said and I lean in and kiss him.

"You won't get rid of me that easy." I said to him and he smiles as he leans in and kisses me.

"And you won't get away that easy, sweetness." He said and he moved so he was hovering over me. I smile as he kissed me again.

"Why do you take control so much?" I asked him and he smiled as he pulls back and whispers into my ear.

"Because, sweetness. One of us has to have a grip on reality."