Ch22: I Will Change You

Lorcan POV

I froze in my spot.

My father is here. I look at Eva and watch as she looks at me with confusion.

"Eva, you need to hide. Now." I spoke quickly but stopped mid step when I beard a throat clear.

"Why must she hide, son?" Asked the extremely to familiar voice. I turn to my father and he is just watching Eva with the baby.

"Ah, harboring a werewolf offspring and a human slave. You have been up to no good, Lorcan." He spoke to me and I grit my teeth. I step in front of Eva and he glares at me.

"Well, when will you change her or is her death day coming soon, son?" He asked me and I tense up.

"Oh, this is rich. You never told her she must be one of us or she must die." He asked me looking behind me. I glance at Eva and saw fear and confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked him.

"Oh, my sweet naive girl. He must change you to our kind and since your his pet he also has the choice of drinking you dry." He told her and he smiled.

"Eva, don't listen to him." I whisper to her and I saw my father clench his jaw.

"You will listen to me you pathetic excuse of an immortal being." Growls my father as I watch his fists clench.

"You are still under the rule of the vampire king and the grand council, which may I remind you I am the leader in. So you will listen to me even if you don't want too, am I understood." He growls at me and I felt like the small little boy with more human in me.

I felt small, helpless, weak, all over again. I clench my fist and stood my ground. I am also the man who has saved many. I have killed wolves. I have someone to protect.

"Ah..." My father dragged out as he ended with a chuckle.

"You have stupidly fallen for a mere mortal. You are pathetic." He growls at me and I smile at the phrase.

"It must run in the family, because you did the same." I said to him still standing between him and Eva.

"You will leave your mother out of this. She was a mistake that will never happen again." He said with a serious face.

"Okay, father. Why are you here?" I asked him curious about his presence.

"Can't a father check up on his rebel of a son?" He asked and I look at him with a grim expression.

"Not, you." I simply say. He nods and steps closer and my body tenses. He doesn't stop moving closer.

"That's close enough." I growl at him and he smiles and stop.

"I am here to survey you and your clan. I was told by the council and King to watch over the demon of the night myself." He said to me and I stand up straighter.

"We should head to my office upstairs, shall we." I say and my father nods.

"Let's." He said and I raise a hand to gesture him out. Once he left the room I sigh and relax a bit. I turn towards Eva and reach for her hand.

"Come on." I say as I grab one of her hands and she held the baby in the other hand.

She smiles and nods. We head out of the room and i tug her towards me to keep her close. My father trails behind us and I can feel his wickedness radiate off of him. We head to my office with my father trailing behind us.

We make it to my office and I leave the door open for him I quickly head head for my chair behind my desk and I sat down and drag Eva to my lap.

She sat and held the child to her and was more infatuated with him then anything else. I was happy with that.

"Survey? What do you mean?" I asked him and he smiles at me.

"Well, I mean you have been killing alot of wolves for no reason." He was saying and I cut in.

"In my defense I killed the alpha that had this land first and his pack attacked me. In werewolf law, I challenged the alpha and won, with that I get his pack and land but in his packs dislike they attacked and I ended up killing them. As for any other wolf it was because they trespassed on my land." I say and he nods.

"Understandable, but that doesn't explain why you went on Alpha Black's land and killed his whole pack and took him, his mate, and his child captive." He said and I grit my teeth as Eva tensed in my lap.

"That stole from me after I went to a pack meeting they invited me to so that I could declare a peace treaty that they had broke." I said to him and he nods.

"Well, I have been sent here to watch over you and your clan for three months. So don't do anything stupid." He said and smiled as he stood up and left my office. I sat there staring at the door even after a few minutes past of complete silence.

"What is wrong lorcan?" Eva asked me snapping me back to reality.

"Trouble." Is all I said as I turn and looked at her.

"Trouble is what is my problem." I say to her as I wrap my arms around her in a protective way.

"So what do we do?" She asked me and I look into her beautiful eyes.

"I have to protect you at all time. He wants me to change you into a monster and I refuse to do so." I say to her and hold my gaze in her eyes.

"Why don't you want to change me?" She asked me and I smile at her.

"Because, and immortal life sucks." I say to her in a blunt tone and she smiles.

"No, really being immortal is terrible because you watch the ones you love die." I tell her both our smiles gone.

"Then change me and we can be together." She said and I smile while shaking my head.

"No, this is the bond talking. Once you are a vampire there is no going back and why become a monster if you can stay human." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"Lorcan, its not all that glorious. Being human is more tragedies than glory. You have to worry about if you can eat everyday, where to sleep, if you are safe or not. You have to be strong even if you really aren't. Lorcan,  being human isn't great but it also isn't bad but I want to be with you. You are the only person who has told me things that I thought was lies in the beginning." She told me and I look at her with conflicted emotions.

"If it comes down to your life I will, okay." I tell her and she smiles. I lean in and kiss her slowly as I lean back and whisper against her lips.

"I will change you."