Ch25: Wolf Slave

Cerberus POV

I open my eyes to the dirty ceiling in the room that I call my own. I have lived with Master Kyran and Lady Eva for seven years by now. After I turned two and started to show knowledge Master Kyran put me to work as his slave.

Its not that bad though. Lady Eva is the kinder of the two I will say that and I love her company. There is something about her that has me bound to her and I'm unsure why.

I roll out of bed and throw on a gray hand-me-down T-shirt that Uncle Coal got me and some faded jeans.

I haven't seen much of Lady Eva for a few years because I was told that her and Master Kyran are trying to have a baby. And the thought of them having a child excites me.

I'm not very sure why.

I put on my warn out black shoes and rush out of my small room. I head towards the kitchen where I am supposed to help out today and clean the dishes.

"Good morning,  miss Harper." I greet the women in the kitchen as she his stirring something in a pot.

"Good morning Cerberus." Spoke the kind words of the women.

"Mmhmm... Smells wonderful." Spoke Coal as he walked in and I smile at him.

"Hey kiddo." He said and he ruffled up my pitch black hair.

"You should get going on those dishes, Cerberus." Said Harper. I smile innocently and took off to the sink. I turn on the hot water and started on the dishes.

Actually, now that I think about it I haven't seen Lady Eva in five years. Well that's a lie, I have seen her around but she hasn't talked to me. I feel kind of sad. Where would she be?

"Ah, smells wonderful in here." Spoke a kind voice and I perk up.

"Lady Eva." I say to myself as I leap up and rush off towards the talking. I peek out the kitchen door and spot her. I smile and was about to head towards her until I saw Master Kyran behind her.

"Oh, lorcan. It smells wonderful doesn't it?" She asked him and he smiles at her.

I can't gold back my bond so I felt my body move on its own. I walk out of the kitchen and turn to Miss Harper and tell her I'm just going to say hi and go back to work. She looked worried but decided to let me.

I head over to them and Master Kyran looked down at me with a glare.

"Good morning, Master Kyran, Lady Eva." I said bowing my head.

"Ah, there is my little Cerberus. How have you been?" Lady Eva said as she smiled at me and kneels down. I smile at her and answer.

"I have been great. But where did you go for so long?" I asked curiosity getting the better of me.

"Well, in the way of vampires I went away to get married to Lorcan and we had a child. We had to stay away because it was the way we do things. Once the child is five we can come back and that is what we did. Would you like to meet her?" She asked me and I looked up at Master Kyran.

"May I, master?" I asked and he nods.

I step back and a little girl walks from behind lady Eva. She was breathtaking. She had raven black hair and very unique eyes one was bright blue while the other was a dark green. I felt my heart race at the sight of her.

"Hi, I'm Cerberus." I said and she smiled at me. She is missing a tooth in the front and I think it is adorable. I smile as well then I heard a growl.

"That is enough Cerberus!" Growls Master Kyran and something inside me sparked. I felt protective of this girl and I wanted to talked to her more. I wanted to be with her more. I lower my gaze from his piercing one and I then raise it to hers.

"I have just one question." I say and she looked at me while holding her hands behind her back and she swayed in her cute red and white poka dotted dress.

"What is your name?" I asked and she smiled.

"Thea Kyran." She said and I stood there with a huge smile.

"Thea." I tried it out and I saw her smile more. I felt my insides swirl at her smile. Like someone is spinning them with a fork.

"Okay, Thea time to go meet the rest of the clan." Spoke Master Kyran and he pressed his large hand to her back to move her.

"Bye,  Cerberus." She yelled out as she ran off with her parents and I felt all jittery inside.  I leap in the air and rush back to the kitchen with only her on my mind. I don't know why but I just have her all the time on my mind.

"Cerberus! Cerberus!" I snap out of my thoughts as it turn towards the voice.

"Yes, miss Harper." I say respectable.

"Go set the table for dinner." She said with a smile.

I nod and grab the cart that had all the plates and utensils on it. We are having steak and rabbit tonight. I head to the dinning room and look at the huge table in there.

I sigh as I look at the long, long, long, long, extremely long table. I push the cart to the edge of the table and grab five plate with silverware  and set them on the table.

I continue to step the table until I heard a giggle. I pause and then I look under the table. There was Thea and two other girls that were giggling like crazy.

I see that Thea has her hands covering her eyes and she is giggling quietly.

"Thea? What are you doing?" I asked and she peaks between her finger and as soon as our eye meet she removes her hands.

Then we were rudely interrupted by the other two girls giggling crazy and they squeal knocking Us both out of our trance.

"Oh, we just wanted to see the wolf slave." The girls giggled as they look at me.

"Wolf slave?" I question as I look at Thea.

"All the kids know that my mother and father took you in and the only way you could stay was if you became thier slave." She said and I look at the other two kids.

"Okay, so now what?" I asked as I sat on the floor with the tree girls.

"When do you get to shift? Who were your parents? What rank are you?" The two giggly girls started asking questions and I answered.

"On my tenth full moon which is tonight. I don't know the last two." I said and I turn to loom at Thea and smile.

"Do you have a question for me?" I asked her as I saw her playing with her fingers.

"Yeah, how old are you?" She asked and I smile.

"I'm seven." I said to her and she smiled and looked down at her hands.

"Cerberus!" Yells Harper and I lift my head up quickly forgetting that I was under a table. I slam the top of my head on the table and winced as I crawl out from underneath it. I look up at a disappointed miss Harper and an angry master Kyran.

"What are you supposed to be doing!" Demands master Kyran.

"Setting the table, sire." I say quietly.

"They why are you under the table?" He asks and I close my eyes.

"Because I was talking to him father." Spoke a beautiful voice. I open my eyes to see Thea standing in front of me and looking her father straight in the eyes.

"Thea, you are supposed to be playing outside with the other kids." He said in a gentle voice.

"Well, father me and my two firends wanted to talk to Cerberus." She said and I shiver as she said my name.

I raise my head and look at him as he looked at me and hummed.

"Finish up here,  Cerberus." He said and turned away. He stopped before leaving and said, "Come on Thea."

Thea turned around and smiled at me. See you later doggy and turned to skip to her father. The other two girls rushed out giggling and I rolled my eyes. Harper looked at me with a smile and I turn blushing as I finish setting the table.

I think Thea likes me.