Ch37: Challenge The Young Alpha 2/2

Cerberus POV

"Are you really going to do this?" Asked Thea and I look at her with a smile.

"Don't you have faith in me?" I asked her as I take my shirt off and she looked at me with worry then she looked to the metal door that I will soon walk through.

"I would if it wasn't to the death." She said and I smile at her.

"All I need is you to believe and I will come back to you." I said as I bring both my hands to her face.

"Believe in me." I say and I heard the door open and she was told to leave by Glad as I made eye contact with him.

"Watch her." I told him and he nods.

He shut the door and I take a deep breath and then memories rush back into my mind.

"Welcome to our annual Alpha challenging. We have only one challenger this year and he is a new comer!" Yells an announcer over a microphone as you can hear the squeak of the microphone.

"So please put your hands together for our very own Don Grey!" Shouts and cheers where heard through the arena.

I heard the metal squeak as a door opened and I tense my muscles.

"And we now welcome our challenger, Cerberus!" Shouts and cheers were heard as my door opened slowly. The light from the sun blinded me and I let out a shaky breath as I stepped out of the room and looked up as my eyes didn't register the faces and crowds as they filled the stadium we were both in.

I look up into the crowd and I felt flash backs as they come back in small bursts. I look down and saw the door behind Don start to close and I heard my door close.

I saw him start to walk forward and I step back as I look up and see the Alpha nod his head for me to move forward.

"Please, shake hands." Spoke the old man from earlier that I have now noticed was the announcer. 

I reach out my hand and Don took a hold of my hand in a dominating grasp as he squeezed it as he grit his teeth. I stare at him with confusion.

"Now in 3... 2... 1... begin!" Spoke the old man and I heard bones snapping as my attention was snapped to the sound and I heard the sand and gravel on the ground scrap across the ground as I saw Don charge at me.

I leap and do a back flip as I shift in mid air and stare at him. He perks up and stares at me and I snarl as I look up at the crowd and felt a strange moment as I didn't see Master Kyran, but I saw Thea with worry in her eyes and I growl at the wolf. 

I then charged back and I heard the cheers and shouts of my pack members and I hit Don with full force. He slide across the ground and I saw fear and anger mixed together. But what reeked the most from him was his thirst for power and control. I need to win for the good of these people. 

I charge and leap as I grab his scruff and toss him to the wall and he hits it and then hits the floor. I stalked towards him slowly and watch as he gets up slowly. I give him time to recover so that the fight will continue for longer to make it seem like he was a challenge.  

"Come on!" Shout the impatient wolf that could barely stand up right. His feet were too spread out and all I had to do was push him and I would win.

"Tear him apart, Cerberus!" Yells my pack and I look up at his pack. They hold worried looks and glances as they watch me beat thier alpha.

"I won't take you down, not yet at least!" I shout back at him in a snarl as I glance up at Thea.

"She looks pretty. Maybe I will make her my queen when I'm done with you!" Shouts the wolf and I growl as I glare daggers into his face. He looked at me with worry and a sinister smile creeper onto my face.

Oh, its on now.

Thea POV

I felt fear, anxiety, worry, and love all in one. I watch as I see both wolves growl and snap at eachother and j knew that Don made the wrong decision when he said that.

"I wasn't going to kill you! But now I will enjoy it!" Growls out the husky voice I adore as I could see his golden eyes glow and he charges at the weak wolf.

I heard gasps and I saw people stand up. I saw the Alpha stand and look eagerly in the cloud of smoke for his son. I look also, but for my love as I then see his black fur with his scars decoratively across his back.

I saw the dust clear and thier lays Cerberus with his massive jaw wrapped around Dons throat threatening to crush it.

I look and saw Dons father look down in defeat and watched as his pack looked panicked.

I then saw the red in Cerberus eye and I then felt the words escape my lips.

"Stop!" I yell and the crowds go silent. Cerberus froze and I looked down and I saw his massive wolf inhale and exhale.

"Cerberus, does it have to be to the death? You have shown yourself! Its not the fighting arena anymore! You don't need to kill him!" I shout and I watch him open his jaw up and step back and he pressed his front paw on Don's chest and I heard his groan as I see Cerberus raise his paw up a bit and lift his head high to the sky as a bone chilling howl came from him.

"Ladies, and gentlemen! Our new Alpha!" Yelled Squeak and I watched as Cerberus stood proud infront of everyone.

I then smiled while whispering.

"Yes, my new alpha."