Ch20: Coma Coal

Eva POV

Its been about seven months since I was kidnapped by Ryan and Jessie and everything has changed. I have now been in Lorcan's room when ever he can't be by my side. Security has been tripled and when Lorcan is home he is by my side all the time. Also when he had long trips I usually came along.

He forbid me to see Ryan and Jessie and for what's its worth I never want to see them ever again.

"Eva." Spoke Lorcan as he lays next to me.

"Yeah", I answer and look at him as I lay next to him. 

 "I just got a text from Raymond and Coal is out of his coma." He said and I sprung from my spot next to him. He glares at me and I smile innocently. 

"Why so excited?" He asked me and I smiled again and lay on his chest as I could hear his purrs. The rough material of his shirt is warm because of his body. I sometimes feel the need to touch his skin. Feel the fire of his flesh against my own.

"I'm excited because a friend is finally out of a coma." I tell him and he glares at the ceiling and nods.

"Oh, don't be jelly." I tell him and he snaps his head towards me and raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"Jelly? Is that the new slang now?" He asked looking at me in thought. 

"Kinda, wait. Now? What do you mean by now?" I asked curiously.

"Well, now. Like this generation." He said to me like I should know this already.

Okay, so yes I know that vampires live long lives and I continuously forget he is a vampire. I have never even seen him feed on anyone or anything. So with that I keep forgetting that he is centuries old. But I am still curious and I decided to be straight forward.

"Okay, I'm not going to beat around the bush. How old are you?" I asked him and he raised his eye brows at me.

"You know its not nice to ask about age, right?" He asked me with a smile.

"Yeah, but you aren't changing the subject so spill." I asked.

"Okay, well let's say I was there when they built the Sphinx in Egypt, and that nose was broken off by a lazy worker at night. Okay, it was Caspian, but don't tell him I told you. That was a rough time for both of us." He finished with a shiver from the memory and I laugh.

"Wait! You are from the time 2558 BC!" I say looking at him in awe.

"Surprise?" He said in a cautious tone.

"So you are really old then." I laugh as I just state the obvious.

"Yes, and I have watched the world around me evolve." He told me and I smile.

Amazing. He saw how the stone age turned to the modern day world. But then something inside me sparks jealousy. He has been alive for so long I have to ask.

"So um... How... How many... Um..." Damn it Eva just spit it out.

He smile falters upon his face.

"Your worried about my love life aren't you?" He asked looking at me.

I nod while resting my cheek against his chest.

"Sweetness, I will admit. I was an asshole back then." He said and I thought of a quick comment.

"Back then?" I asked him while looking up at him with the look that he should check himself.

"Hey, I have gotten better over time, literal. Anyways, in the 1930s' I was a little playboy and I hung out with Caspian and he never helped. He was the one to teach me about pets and all, but that was because he had so many and told me to try it out, but the meaning behind a pet means more to me then any other vampire." He spoke to me and I felt the jealousy slip away.

"Having a pet was bonding you to another and feeling a connection with them. But Caspian saw them as portable blood bags." He said rolling his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked becoming curious.

"Well, when a vampire has a pet they become clingy but thier pets blood is much sweeter. Its like a drug that the master gets addicted to." He told me.

"So why have you not fed on my blood?" I asked warily. He nods his head and looks at me with sadness and fear.

"That is why." He said looking at me with guilt.

"What?" I asked as I watch him.

"Fear, worry. The things I don't want you to be. I haven't fed for a few days and I never wanted you to fear me. Never. I can't I'm afraid I won't stop once I taste your blood. Just like that stupid dream long ago." He said to me and I felt a pain in my chest.

"Okay, you won't have to feed off of me but you do need to take care of yourself." I told him and he nods.

"Okay." He said while leaning his forehead towards mine and we sat there breathing the sent of one another.

"Okay. We should get up and go meet your friend. He must be really awake now." He spoke as hr let out a sad sigh. He doesn't want to go and I think its cute.

"Don't sound so excited." I said smiling at him and kissing his cheek quickly.

He smiled at me and went for a kiss but I slide out of bed and too his closet. During the seven months that I have been under watch Lorcan went out to get me clothes and insisted I leave them in his walk in closet.

I get so blue skinny jeans with a black T-shirt with the words in bold white I Am Immortally Crazy.

I laughed when I saw it and shook my head as I through it on.

He decided to be possessive and had his hands on me some how. Most of the time it was on my lower back.

We made it to the room where Coal was. I knock lightly on the door and we both heard at stern "doors unlocked".

We pushed the door open and I step in first. Coals eyes widen but then they shift to the man behind me and worry flashes through them.

"I'm sorry my lord I..." He started in a hurry but was cut off once Lorcan raised his hand to silence him.

"Coal. Its fine. I understand you where with Eva and then was knocked out by a werewolf. I understand and I'm great ful you were with her. Thank you." Lorcan said to Coal and Coal shut his mouth and smile while nodding.

"Hey, Coal how are you?" I asked while coming to sit next to him.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Alive as ever."