Ch27: Friends Zone

Cerberus POV

Its been eleven years since I officially shifted and I have grown from my little seven years old body to my now eighteen year old body.

I am in the kitchen with a towel over my shoulder as I cut up so steak for tonight's dinner.

I then hear a creak from behind me and I smile as I bring the hatchet down and cut another piece of meat. I then wait for the tell. I then heard a small squeak of the floor and in a quick motion I step to the side as Thea pounces but misses her target and I then cage her in my arms as I bring the hatchet down on the meat beside her. Her back is to the counter and she is facing me with a small blush.

"How many time have I caught you?" I asked her and she huffs out.

"Seventy-five." She whispered and I smile as I bring my hand up to cup my ear.

"Huh, what was that? I can't hear you." I say in a teasing voice.

"Seventy-five! Happy now!" She pouts after yelling in my ear.

"Oh, come on Thea, don't be mad." I say to her and she rolls her eyes while looking at me.

"You know I can't be made at you. Even if I wanted to I couldn't." She said and I smirk at her.

"This is true." I say to her and chuckle.

"Cerberus! Its lunch time make the lunch, please!" Yells Miss Harper.

"On it!" I lean back and yell so I don't hurt Thea's ears.

I sigh and push away from her and I heard her let out a sad sigh. I walk over to the bag of bread and pull out multiple pieces and some cheese. I glance a look at her as she jumps up on the counter.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. Curious and worried.

"Nothing." She said as she crosses her legs. I glance at them and see she is wearing basketball  shorts that are hot pink and and a large white T-shirt that says "I'm the boss" on it.

I look away and growl.

"What's your problem?" She asked and I clench my jaw while shaking my head.

I grab a knife and start to get butter and smear it on the pieces of bread as I put them on the pan.

"There is something wrong and I will find out what it is, Cerberus." She growls out and I pause glaring into her eyes and she does the same. I look into her unique eyes and smile. I nod and have to break the eye contact and look away.

"Cerberus? Please... You can talk to me." She pleads and I open my mouth to say something until the door is pushed open and in walked Miss Harper.

"Ah, miss Thea, what a surprise." Miss harper said as I am just staring at the bread as I wipe butter on it and slap it onto the pan. I flip the others and then add two slices of cheese on them.

"Ah, yes. I was just talking to Cerberus." Thea said and I smile. For no complete reason.

"Oh, well your father wants to see you." She said to Thea and my chest aches knowing she is leaving my sight.

I continue to stare at the bread.

"Okay." Is all she said as she leaped off the counter and pat my back. I felt small sparks through my shirt. 

She finally left and I relax.

"So,  how are you?" Miss Harper asked me and I flip the sandwiches.

"Good, you?" I said short and soft.

"Cerberus." She said in a warning tone and I turn towards her with a clenched jaw.

"Tell me." She said softly. I turn back to the food and nod. I step away as I let it cook and lean against the counter.

"I don't know Miss Harper. I don't understand how my feelings are about the situation." I tell her and she looks at me with confusion.

"What situation?" She asked me and I look at her with worry.

"The thing between me and Thea." I say to her as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Okay, explain." She asked me and I sigh.

"Well, every time I touch her I feel sparks. When she is near I feel excited. I also feel protective of her when I see her wear something she shouldn't. I feel jealousy when she laughs at other men." I tell her and she smiles a knowing smile.

"Its the mate bond." She said to me and I look at her with confusion.

Before she could speak Master Kyran walked through the door.

"Time to go." He said and looked between me and Miss Harper. Then he left the kitchen.

Thea POV

I sigh as I lay on the couch upside down. I then felt a strong presence surround me like a warm blanket. I sit up properly and look over the couch as I see my dad and... Cerberus? I watch them leave the house and I felt a small pain in my chest. I don't like being away from him and I sometimes hope he feels the same way.

I then decided to follow them. Curiosity killed the cat, now didn't it. Well, news flash I'm consider dead already.

I sneak out the door and watch as both my father and Cerberus get into his Lamborghini.

My father turns the engine on and it purrs to life. He then turns and takes off down the road and I take off behind them. I follow the car at a safe distance as we move down the road.

My father then came to a stop in the mist of the city and I awe at it. I only have seen this in movies and read about them. My father parked the car and they both head out. They walk down towards an alleyway and head deep I to the darkness. I watch as they walk straight towards the end of the alley and then my father knocks twice and steps forwards into the dumpster and they fade into the dumpster.

"Cool." I say as I head closer to the spot where they were. I knock twice and then I reach my hand out to touch the non-existent  dumpster as I also fade through. I am met with loud music and laughter as I hear clicking glasses and smoke fills the air. I look around and see my father head down a set of stairs with a sign over head that said "The Kennel" and I walk to it.

I wait a few until my father comes back out and I then sneak in. I walk down the long hallway of gray and muffled music. I see little light and the air is damp.

"Hey, hey, come here love." Smirks a werewolf with no shirt on and I see a brand upon his chest.

As I continue to walk down the hall more and more wolves come to the ends of thier cages. Some do kissy faces, some wink and smile, and others wolf whistle. No punt intended.

I continue to walk in search of a special person.

"Thea?" Spoke a husky voice and I stop and turn. I then saw Cerberus and heard a lot of guys whine and groan as they hit the bar. He stood up and head towards the bars and looks behind me then into my eyes.

"You shouldn't be here." He said as he stared at me with worry.

"Cerberus, what is this place?"